cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Fibre Broadband is here"

Boz
Rising Star

"Fibre Broadband is here"

The cabinet across the road now carries a big BT Openreach sign saying “Fibre Broadband is here”.  But, having read so many horror stories about the experience people have had with BT personnel, BT modems, BT missed appointments, Plusnet routers and Plusnet’s unattainable estimated speeds, I’m just wondering whether it is worth the hassle to move to a new Fibre contract.

Has an independent study/ comparison been made about the advantages and disadvantages of moving to Fibre?

Boz
1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: "Fibre Broadband is here"

The cabinet across the road now carries a big BT Openreach sign saying “Fibre Broadband is here”.  But, having read so many horror stories about the experience people have had with BT personnel, BT modems, BT missed appointments, Plusnet routers and Plusnet’s unattainable estimated speeds, I’m just wondering whether it is worth the hassle to move to a new Fibre contract.

As I tell anyone with that point of view bear in mind that there will also be many (maybe many more) positive stories but human nature tends to dictate that when someone's happy with something they don't always take the time to shout about it so forums such as this will tend to attract calls for support and are used to highlight issues generally.
Give me a shout if you decide to take the plunge and I don't mind keeping an eye on the order for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team