Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Bandwidth usage has been reset"

PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

"Bandwidth usage has been reset"

Hi,
Not too sure if this is in the right place, if not pse feel free to move...
Anyone explain what ‘Bandwidth usage has been reset’ means – apart from the obvious.
I had a small issue with Plusnet where they didn’t refund postage on a test router they sent out and which I subsequently returned, (this was an oversight on their part and was quickly sorted).  Checking thru’ messages under My Questions there are two of these ‘bandwidth usage has been reset’ messages.
I’m on BBYW2 so I have 15 gigs a month to play with, that’s a nominal 500 megs per day.  Now I ‘have’ exceeded that on a couple of days BUT over a 30 day period I never use my 15 gigs, so what do these messages mean?
These messages were 10th of August and 10th of September.  I think my billing month starts on the 10th of the month so this ‘appears’ to indicate I went over my limit on the previous month.  Now if I understand the usage stats correctly I only used 4.49 gigs between the 10th July and the 10th August– less than a third of what I’m paying for…but on the 10th August my ‘bandwidth usage was reset’  Between the 10th August and the 10th September I used 7.7 gigs – but again my ‘bandwidth usage was reset’
I’m sure there’s a simple answer – and someone out there will hopefully explain it all…
John
4 REPLIES 4
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: "Bandwidth usage has been reset"

its just that they have reset you say 10 M to Zero at the start of the month, or would you like them to keep adding it up for a year?
ramidoodle
Grafter

@PNnewbie
Hiya  Smiley
when the billing script goes through your account on your billing date, I suppose it is the 10th of every month, it will take the payment and reset the bandwidth meter to zero to start a new billing month.
the usage will reset on the billing date whether you've exceeded your usage or not. you don't have to worry about this at all. its just a service notice to confirm that the system has successfully started a new monthly usage counter for you Wink
did I answer you question?  Cheesy
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

RamiH - thanks for your reply - makes sense.
I did wonder whether this was what was happening just after I'd posted...
> did I answer you question?
Yes - I appreciate it...
John
ramidoodle
Grafter

kewl,
its better to check the usage from time to time. a good indicator if something is going wrong on the computer Wink