Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

query about migrating and keeping plusnet

waipang
Dabbler

query about migrating and keeping plusnet

Hello,
I've begun the process of migrating from PlusNet to another internet service provider and I was wondering if you are allowed to keep your plusnet account open and simply move it to a new address without disrupting the migration process? if so, what kind of charges are there and how would it happen???
Thanks,
Mr W.K. Pang
8 REPLIES 8
James
Grafter

Re: query about migrating and keeping plusnet

Hi there,
You would be able to keep your account open as a free dial up product, which would remain active for 90 days.
Or do you want someone at a different address to take over your PlusNet ADSL account?  If so, you would need to place a house move request, which would allow us to move the Broadband to that address.
waipang
Dabbler

Quote from: James
Hi there,
You would be able to keep your account open as a free dial up product, which would remain active for 90 days.
Or do you want someone at a different address to take over your PlusNet ADSL account?  If so, you would need to place a house move request, which would allow us to move the Broadband to that address.

if i go for the latter can it be continued on as part of the contract e.g. from 14 months onto 15months, etc etc or however long the account has been held open and would it disrupt the migration process currently taking place?? also if i was to choose the move house now then how long would it take for the previous address to be switched off from plusnet internet?? could you reply to my ticket please so i can have it all on record and so its more easier to track Smiley
my ticket id is 22742917
Thanks.
James
Grafter

I see what you mean now.
Because the account that you have is migrating, your best bet is really going to be signing up to a new account for the other address.
I'll reply to your ticket.
waipang
Dabbler

i've replied to the ticket, can you reply back please Smiley
James
Grafter

Duly performed.
waipang
Dabbler

Ok thank you for the explanation...I didn't think that far hehe..
Now if i was to create an entirely new account and so basically start from scratch then what charges would I face if I cancel within 12 months provided I didn't ask for any equipment..and provided I don't request a housemove that would incur a £40 charge.
James
Grafter

The same £40.  An activation is the same as a house move.  the only charge is for the activation of the line.
It doesn't make any difference to BT if you already had a broadband service at your current address, there's still an activation involved.
waipang
Dabbler

ok, thanks !