cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

premier broadband 1 whats the difference

pictish
Grafter

premier broadband 1 whats the difference

I havnt been on the forums for a long time or my plusnet member centre but on checking the plusnet member centre I now see that they are offering an option which is almost identical to the premier 1 for 19.99 im paying 21.99. Whats the difference
I joined plusnet back in the days where they gave unlimited usuage and when i moved to prem1 from my last contract it was because they were charging me  almost £10 more a month for the same thing with my old contract and failed to notify the customers they had changed their contracts offered. it was also when they introduced the limits on download/upload and messed with all the traffic shaping.
For the first time in many years i have just gone over my limit and have been restricted its not my p2p that did it but my web usage which i think is the kid watching youtube ect as shes off school[ its over 6gb this month already].
Can anyone recommend a new supplier as there are not any real benefits with plusnet over anyone else anymore and I have friends with other suppliers who dont have the sort of problems with downloading or restrictions that plusnet like to introduce.
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: premier broadband 1 whats the difference

Hi there,
We designed Broadband Your Way to allow our customers more control over the product that they buy from us.  Essentially, the main difference is that you would get 20GB peak usage between 8am and midnight, whereas on Premier 1, restrictions would come into play from 13GB, albeit with a peak time of 4pm to midnight.
What do you think you would be looking for?
NeilyC
Dabbler

Having asked this same question ages ago, but got no reply.
If I upgrade my Premier 1 account to the cheaper BBYW 3 what do I get?
20GB allowance -  is that per day, per week, per month Huh
Do I still keep my email accounts and other settings?
Not wanting to criticise, but I do find your documentation very confusing and hard to follow.
Eg. clicking on 'peak-time allowances' on my account page goes to 'Traffic Prioritisation' which in no way tells me what my account quota should be or how much I have left.
Please, please think about the help documentation a bit more.
Denzil
Grafter

The usage allowance is per month.
As long as your username stays the same so will your email addresses.
To see your actual usage, log in to the portal and click on "Connection settings", then "View My Usage", and it should give you the detail you need.