Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ppp chap receive, disconnected

jayed
Grafter

ppp chap receive, disconnected

Hi
I've woken this morning to no internet. My router shows the dsl line is up and has been for a few days but the ppp is down and the log shows loads of 'ppp chap receive...' entries. I notice there was maintenance last night but it didn't say there would be connection drops as far as I could see.
Any ideas?
Matt
6 REPLIES 6
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: ppp chap receive, disconnected

I lost internet around 00:30 las night, it just finally came back at 7:40 this morning.  I called PlusNet last night and was told that a pipe had gone down.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Mine just reconnected (07:35) since being down since midnight.
Interestingly a system I maintain in Bletchley was also down overnight and reconnected about the same time as me this morning. It uses a broadband connection from Zen... so the problem may have been on the BT network.
jayed
Grafter

Yeah, mine's back too. Just as I was filling out a support request.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Finally, a service announcement:
This is a Service Status message made at 07:50on the 30/3/11. Overnight we experienced connection issues in the London and Milton Keynes areas,
Our suppliers have advised that connection issues in London should now be resolved .....
https://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2
I'm in Northampton so it's a bit wider than Milton Keynes & London.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
jayed
Grafter

I would say I was more Milton Keynes than London (Bedford) and mine seems to be resolved now.
Let's hope that BT don't IP Profile everyone who had bad connections to 135kbps...  Cheesy
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I live In Scotland and my connection went down last night around midnight as well, I got connected again though straight away, Maybe not the same problem as some are reporting on this thread. Undecided
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.