Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

poor xbox live performance

tmyles
Grafter

poor xbox live performance

Hi guys,
I've just tried having a game of halo 3 online and the ping is horrendous, I can't seem to play anything without it either dropping connection or bombing out completely - I've checked the speed with the plusnet checker and its ironically giving me the fastest download speed its ever given me which leads me to think its a problem with xbox live and plusnet?
I know it must be plusnet's end as other friends on there are playing happily with no lag or slow-down, essentially ruling out xbox-live as the problem. Anyone else with this problem?
I've checked which gateway I'm on and its: "Telehouse North, Juniper 1"
cheers
8 REPLIES 8
Tracer
Grafter

Re: poor xbox live performance

You do know all Xbox's are faulty right ?
tmyles
Grafter

yes, thankyou - I know that all xboxes manufactured before July 2007 have an inherrent fault with them, I've sent mine back to be repaired once then traded it for the Elite model which should be more relible - Its not the xbox hardware in this instance.
Just wondering if anyone else suffered similar problems last night?
Tracer
Grafter

Sorry didn't mean it to sound like that.
Was just wondering if its over heating that might be the cause of your problem.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
If you have a look at our Network Performance Graphs PTN-AG1 seemed to have been okay last night. THN-AG1 is definitely the best Gateway to get on to currently though.
Following maintenance and a coupler of hefty BT outages our platform is somewhat out of balance which we will be correctly shortly, which we'll be announcing once we've determined the date (and time).
Having said that, it may not be the cause, because Halo3 traffic should be getting puicked up as Titanium.  Having you tried pinging the relevant servers from your PC to see if you're getting poor ping times on that aswell?
tmyles
Grafter

Hi James,
Yes the connection seems fine, pings are all as they should be - I am wondering if its because there are now 18 (!) wireless connections in my street, most on the default channel of 11. I've set mine now to 8 and am downloading something off live market place to see if it drops out like it did last night - I'll keep you posted!
James
Grafter

Hi again,
Can you try running via a wired connection if you experience the same problems?  as you say, it may well be related to wireless interference?
tmyles
Grafter

yep switching channel seemed to fix the problem - doh! everyone using one channel was bound to fail I guess...
Mark
Grafter

Nice one. Glad to see you got a result.
Thanks for updating us.