cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet "we'll do you proud"....Rubbish

Dalenett

plusnet "we'll do you proud"....Rubbish

Well you haven't done me proud, all over Christmas and even as I type this, I lose connection about every 10 mins sometimes sooner. What the hell is going on???? Plusnet has been the worst internet experience I have ever encountered.  Angry
jim:red Avoidance of swear filter in the title fixed with less objectionable description mod:end
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: plusnet "we'll do you proud"..........B***S***

Hi there,
Sorry to see you're so frustrated with the connection dropping. I've taken a look over your account and can't see that you've reported any problems to us? Unfortunately until we're told there's an issue there is very little we can do to help resolve it.
Your line doesn't seem to be disconnecting as often as you're seeing, are you using wireless or a wired connection?

I'd suggest going through the faults checker at https://faults.plus.net to report this to us.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Dalenett

Just tried the Broadband Trouble shooter and guess what,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We've received the fault report, so don't worry about that error.
Are you connected via wireless or wired? If wireless can you try a wired connection and see if you still get the same problems?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
zapto
Grafter

Re: plusnet "we'll do you proud"....Rubbish

Quote from: Dalenett
Well you haven't done me proud, all over Christmas and even as I type this, I lose connection about every 10 mins sometimes sooner. What the hell is going on???? Plusnet has been the worst internet experience I have ever encountered.  Angry
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  Avoidance of swear filter in the title fixed with less objectionable description ]

Hi Dalenett,
As Chris said they cant fix your problem without knowing about it. The Psychic Support team were given time off for Christmas. However were all try and help you now the problem has been flagged. The PN staff are very helpful also there are some people on the forum that are very knowledgeable.
Can you provide the following information;
Wired / Wireless
Router Make/Model (so we can help get any logs if any)
Does this happen all the same time, different timeS?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Please post the information requested here - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,96155.0.html
Is the phone line noisy?  Dial 17070 option 2 using a corded phone.
Is the router plugged into the master socket?
Are there any extensions?
Are your perceived disconnections associated with inbound or outbound calls?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Townman Are you not rather premature asking him for all that when the information posted by Chris suggests the line is probably fine and it's a wireless (or possibly DNS) issue.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)