cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet pro + value pro

nittygritty
Grafter

plusnet pro + value pro

hi all i,ve just been offered a retention deal, i,m currently on the plusnet pro package at £19.99 but i,ve just been offered a value pro package for a discount of £14.50 ,
just a question, is the value pro package the same as my current package plusnet pro where everything is line speed
i did state i wanted to stay on my current package pro package
am just curious as to why they said value pro and not plusent pro, its prob just me and its the same package, just wanted to make sure i suppose
anyone have any ideas
10 REPLIES 10
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: plusnet pro + value pro

Has any record of your conversation with the retentions team been recorded in a closed ticket on your account? You can view closed tickets in the Member Centre (here).
That pricing seems like a £1 discount on the current Plusnet Value package (see website home page) which is traffic shaped (Comparison Tool). Are you on a Market 3 exchange so that price is not just for 3 months (£11.49 subsequently)? If you are on Market 3 Plusnet Pro is available for £16.49.
David
nittygritty
Grafter

hi i originally signed up to plusnet pro for £19.99 about 6-7 months back but had my own router so i wasnt tied into a 12 month contract, when i raised my ticket asking for a better deal as i found an offer from sky cheaper, they got back to me with the offer below for £14.50  deal that was for the plusnet pro package which im currently on, with 20gb allowance, and they confirmed this, my deal is for a month by month contract so basically its a rolling contract, not tied into 12 month etc, so basically save £5.50 a month as a rentention deal
this is what i got from them first
"Dear .......,
Thankyou for your query, I apologise about the delay in the reply. After looking into your account, we would unfortunatly be unable to go as low as £12.50pcm. What we can do though is reduce the cost of your current package to £14.50pcm for your current package, on a month to month contract. If you would like to take this offer, please contact us on 08451406002, or reply to this ticket, we would be happy to apply it to your service.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
i then sent them confirmation i would like to take this offer, and below is what i got back, notice it says value pro and not plusnet pro, thats the bit i,m querying is there such a package called value pro? or is that just the same as plusnet pro, if it isnt what package have they put me on if it isnt plusnet pro with no line restrictions
"Your offer details are below:

Value Pro - Market 1 & 2 (Subscription) discount (11 months) - £5.50
"
jim:csa
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

I think what that says is that the discount is £5.50 making the price you pay £14.50 (or £14.49). That isn't a discount of £14.50 as stated in your opening post.
Quote from: nittygritty
hi all i,ve just been offered a retention deal, i,m currently on the plusnet pro package at £19.99 but i,ve just been offered a value pro package for a discount of £14.50

That makes far more sense, and I assume the profile will be the 'pro' one you currently have, the change of product name being for internal Plusnet housekeeping. However there is no publicly available product with that name so you will have to confirm details with Plusnet staff.
Seems like a good deal to me.
David
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

I am really cheesed off - I wanted that offer - was just waiting until tomorrow morning to ring cancellations  Sad
nittygritty
Grafter

hopefully someone from plusnet will confirm this, i thought it odd why they called it value pro, ive raised a ticket for confirmation, so see what they say, as sky have broadband for £12.50 with no restrictions on unlimited i was tempted to go to them, but seeing as i,m having no probs with plusnet at the mo,
i thought id stay with plusnet if they offered me somewhere close to 12.50, so 14.50 is a nice half way point i guess:), true it only has 20gb but i mainly use it for gaming anyway, i could switch to sky, as they dont have fup on unlimited, if i downloaded alot i prob would have switched, and have the best of both worlds, gaming/downloads,. anyway will see what customer services say on ticket when they get back to me
p.s .... sorry oldjim forgot to remove the names, my bad Sad
The_10th
Grafter

How did you contact them by the way?
This is better than 'beaten on price' in my opinion but kept a little too quiet methinks  Wink
nittygritty
Grafter

Quote from: The
How did you contact them by the way?
This is better than 'beaten on price' in my opinion but kept a little too quiet methinks  Wink

your best searching the net for deals, when you find one you like look of, raise a ticket with plusnet saying you found such n such a deal for lets say in my case for £12.50 with sky, i just raised a ticket on my account and asked if they could match or better the deal i found with sky, end of the day its in their best intrests to do all they can to keep you so theres no harm in asking, if they dont offer you a deal then you can always move if you find something better or cheaper.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The retention deals we offer can vary between different customers due to many factors including usage and exchange price amongst other things. There is no guarantee that we can offer the same deal to every customer that requests it, otherwise we'd simply sell the product at that price in the first place.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
nittygritty
Grafter

hi chris, i dont suppose you have any idea what value pro is do you that i was offered and put on at the end of my billing this month do you, is it the same as plusnet pro, and does value pro have any restrictions on it or is it exactly the same as plusnet pro,?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's the same product you're currently on. It only shows as Value Pro as that's what the 'component' on our internal CRM system is called.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.