cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet not sorting on going broadband problem

pd1
Hooked

plusnet not sorting on going broadband problem

having on going issues with our broadband, plusnet really slow in sorting, our speeds range from slow to non existant, we've had to report several times but they really don't seem interested, thought I might tweet it, apparently they listen then?? I cant speak to them on live chat as not enough speed to open it...and they really don't like answering the phone...?Huh

16 REPLIES 16
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: plusnet not sorting on going broadband problem

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

I can see our Faults team are investigating this and they'll update you further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Ruck

I had the same problem for a couple of weeks up until tonight. Internet speeds next to nothing on both PC and Laptop (both wireless). TV was working fine however. Eventually after trying a few things I reset my network settings and everything seems to be running as it should.

Click the wireless symbol bottom right in the active programs tray

Click on Network Settings

Click on Status tab on the left menu

Then you should see the option to Network Reset.

Hope this helps!

pd1
Hooked

Reply to Matthew plusnet Hi,they're not actually,that's the point,we have very intermittent broadband,internet tv does not work at all.days of silence after posting a question,I still haven't heard from then since last posting,it's very frustrating,I'm sure if I stopped my payments I'd soon hear from them.......it really isn't fair,we live out in the country so no chance of getting to a hotspot without travelling miles.

pd1
Hooked

Thanks for that,have tried but no better,we were told by plusnet two years ago that we probably need the line to the house replacing but they won't do anything about it,it used to go down when it rained but now it's all the time,they're just not interested....

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm just getting your fault picked up for you now.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Several posts removed that were adding nothing to the OP's problem,

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

John9
Dabbler

I made a legitimate and serious contribution to this thread.  Unfortunately forum moderators are often tin-pot Napoleons.  They especially love to serve the interests of the company whose name is on the forum rather than the paying customers who have legitimate complaints against said company.  I think the name for this is 'brown-nosing'.  Moderators are also notorious for taking sides unfairly e.g. supporting trolling if it comes from a long-time member of the community against a new member.  This is no less than internet bullying, a practice common to both moderators and trolls alike.

[There's another comment for you to remove, Mav.  I hope its message isn't lost on you.]

pd1
Hooked

We're still in limbo with plusnet,broadband is very erratic,I've messaged them 3 times and no answer,problem will not go away if they ignore it,customer care is non existent,they are not interested,have an independent report about poor state of line but they're ignoring it,have tried to complain but getting nowhere,going to take higher now as am totally fed up,dreadful company

cyclops680

been like this since sunday.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

I am very sorry that your ticket hasn't been picked up yet @pd1 It looks like the ticket didn't come off hold correctly when you replied to it and it was basically stuck in a pending state Sad

I've sorted that for you now and I've passed the ticket to one of my colleagues to take a look at.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@cyclops680

Was that speed test completed over a wireless or wired connection?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
pd1
Hooked

Wired .in link supplied by yourselves
cyclops680

always use wired connection.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@pd1

If you respond to the ticket my colleague left on your account today we can get an engineer booked in for you.

@cyclops680

Our faults team should contact you shortly via this ticket

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet