cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet have additional 'access' to BT systems and hardware???

zebbedi
Grafter

plusnet have additional 'access' to BT systems and hardware???

After 14 years of being a plusnet customer I have just requested my MAC code to migrate away.
During the conversation the customer services guy pointed out that my new ISP didn't have any of their own equipment at my exchange. I responded by saying "Nor do plusnet". He then stated that because plusnet were owned by BT, they had additional "access to BT's systems and hardware".
Please can someone explain what additional "access" plusnet have that another ISP wouldn't and what difference it would make?
5 REPLIES 5
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: plusnet have additional 'access' to BT systems and hardware???

I think the claim that Plusnet have "additional access to BT systems and hardware" is entirely false. Normally Plusnet don't even refer to BT by name, they usually just say "our supplier".
I don't think having Plusnet routers shipped from the same warehouse as BT Home Hubs is going to provide any advantage.
Finguz
Grafter

Surely if this were true it would be in breach of a fair competition rule or two?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We have *no* additional 'access' to BT systems and hardware and the would be the same for any other ISP who use BT's equipment and systems.
I'll attempt to get the call listened to and feedback where necessary with this.
jim:green tag fixed mod:end
jslane
Grafter

With plusnet being owned by BT, I would expect them to have additional access and be able to perform network upgrades quicker than other ISP's (ie just get BT to add the extra capacity without having to wait). Guess this isn't the case.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

OFCOM rules are very specific - not allowed at all