cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet Email sent form mobile phone Help

Lurker
Grafter

Re: plusnet Email sent form mobile phone Help

Were they as helpful as the Three web help pages?
As in,  "not very"?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Three used to allow you to send email through email servers running on port 25 through their Mobile Broadband, then it suddenly stopped working a few weeks back

I wasn't imagining it then!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pint
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: MrC
Tah-dah.....
OK, just found the following info on t'web which someone winkled out of 3 support.
Change the smtp server to smtp-mbb.three.co.uk as this one doesn't  rewrite addresses on the fly in the same way that smtp.three.co.uk does. I assume that smtp.three.co.uk is solely for 3's own email service and that smtp-mbb.three.co.uk is for evryone else (mbb == mobile broadband?). Note: normally email sent through smtp.three.co.uk doesn't get counted against your data allowance; I'm not sure if this is true for smtp-mbb.three.co.uk so you might want to experiment before sending large attachments.
I can now send email from a 3 mobile with the from and reply-to headers set to whatever I want - yippee!
Mike

Thanks for the help, its now working through three's servers, although i haventy tried it on the phone +laptop liknk yet
Surfer
Grafter

Thanks guys.  I used the mbb smtp and it now works.  I wish that Three would get their act together.  I am very tempted to pay £50 and get out of the contract however will I be better off with another provider.  I use a 3 Huawei modem connected to my laptop when away from home.  Is there a really good mobile broadband network that does not drop the connection every 10 minutes even when you are in a good coverage area?
newcimal

I’ve had the same problem although I’m with orange not 3
Use ure network smtp to send and ure plusnet to receive emails
This I’ve done and it works
regards
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Surfer
I use a 3 Huawei modem connected to my laptop when away from home.  Is there a really good mobile broadband network that does not drop the connection every 10 minutes even when you are in a good coverage area?

Have just got a Vodafone Huawei USB modem which seems to work quite well.  Once it is connected it stays connected.
cjags
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Drat.  Just to prove me wrong, the connection kept dropping out tonight.  Signal kept going from 3.5G to GPRS to nothing.  Internet was virtually unusable.