cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

please help sudden wireless issues

avaandrileysmum

please help sudden wireless issues

hi everyone over the last week had really bad problems with my internet..speed does not seem affected but the wirless signal has gone from 5 bars to just 3 bars in my living room which is about ten foot away and nothing now in my bedroom upstairs...i have changed the channel to no affect, i have also tried a different router again to no effect...strange though that my wife can always connect on her phone and browse the internet with no issues as does my ps3 when playing online gaming...what could be the problem..the router has always been on top of our fridge which i no is not a great place but never affected things before,just bought some wireless land line phones but they never affected it wither and had them for two months now..it all seem to start when i got the on demand feature from sky and linked through the wps button...i have disconnected this now and its made no change...i have run detailed anti virus checks on my laptop with nothing found...PLEASE PLEASE HELP
4 REPLIES 4
avaandrileysmum

Re: please help sudden wireless issues

i have also re installed the wireless network adaptor to no success
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Is it just on your laptop that you're seeing this issue?
avaandrileysmum

hi there thanks for the reply its definately more noticeable on my laptop as i am on it most of the time...i have now lost all signal in our bedroom now is everything fine at your end? many thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Everything looks relatively fine from our end, so it does look as though the problem is with your Wireless Connection.
Have you moved any electrical equipment nearer to your router or have you purchased anything that could be causing any kind of interference?
It could be that a neighbour has which could be the cause for the wireless problem. I would strongly advise changing the Wireless Channel to perhaps 1,6 or 12. You find support on how to do this <a href="http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/wireless_broadband/wireless_signal.shtml">here</a>.