cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ping increased. no drop

thesawdust
Grafter

ping increased. no drop

Why have i had a sudden increase in ping?
My line was up for 2days prior to me gateway hopping a few minutes ago, however this increase in ping has me thinking? DLM applied interleaving? It's raining here and started around the time the pings increased.
See my signature  Angry
11 REPLIES 11
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: ping increased. no drop

Hi,
Interleaving is still off on your line but the line is erroring for one reason or another. Ideally we could do with getting this looked at by our suppliers for you. If you could raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net we'll certainly get that done for you?
thesawdust
Grafter

Doing so now, here's a few images

Thanks
thesawdust
Grafter

I've done all tests via reporting a fault, let's hope this can be solved  Sad
Fault: #83924215
thesawdust
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Hi,
Interleaving is still off on your line but the line is erroring for one reason or another. Ideally we could do with getting this looked at by our suppliers for you. If you could raise a fault at http://faults.plus.net we'll certainly get that done for you?

I got a report back from faults, interleaving is on and no errors. I've dropped speed because of this, Yet my line is fine? Can you get BT come out to remove interleaving.
Thanks
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've passed a note over to the faults team to get that looked into for you.
thesawdust
Grafter

Thanks Chris. Nice to see someone actually knowing what they are doing/talking  Cool
thesawdust
Grafter

BT guy very polite.
I told him, that when it was raining i got line errors? Spent about 45mins running tests. Then as he left, he was going to reset my DLM and do a fast speed test at the cabinet. He explained everything about the DLM reset, and that it could take up to 4hours depending how busy the system is.
The reset get's put into a queue, and the robot keeps requesting the DLM reset till the job is completed.
He arrived around 10:30, so hopefully the DLM will be done soon  Cheesy
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Awesome stuff - fingers crossed, would be nice for it to be al sorted before the weekend! Smiley
thesawdust
Grafter

I guess BT didn't want to reset my DLM? 24hours on, and nothing!  Angry
Still got high latency, and only 40mb speed. I wasted a day off and lost money for what reason!
Time to escape this contract i think
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

A DLM reset was requested but this hasn't been actioned by the engineer, I can only presume they have either missed this off the notes or they felt that a reset wouldn't benefit your line.
Our faults team will be picking this back up and will see what what they can do.

thesawdust
Grafter

Chris,
I had a call from Ian (think that was his name) from faults team. After a good ole chat about latency, he's told me another BT engineer is required as i should be getting faster speeds (around 55mb and close to 20mb upload). He seemed shocked when i said i was getting 9-10ms ping
Very polite and professional, He said i'll look when i can get you booked in, as it's Easter. Then piped up and said free slot for tomorrow between 1-6 any good? Snapped it up as moving away next weekend and parents want a good stable line
Hopefully this will be the last time!  Cheesy