cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

peak time broadband speeds rubbish for approx 2 months

centurion40

peak time broadband speeds rubbish for approx 2 months

I have had enough of plusnet and their rubbish service, i have been with PN for over 3 years with no problems, however for the last few months my broadband has been unusable during peak hours. The support team are next to useless and each time you phone them just read of the same card and then tell you to raise a ticket.
They never actually listen to what you're saying. During the day my broadband's fine, it's just in the evening, this to me would suggest that it's not a fault my end.
I'm 260 mtrs from the exchange, according to bt speedchecker last night i should be seeing approx 6mps, if that's the case why can you only watch 3 secs of a youtube video before it re buffers, it's not my laptop because it's the same on my daughters laptop and the desktop.
Very dissapointed and as soon as I can find another supplier will be requesting my mac code.
Has anyone else noticed this over the last couple of months?
17 REPLIES 17
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: peak time broadband speeds rubbish for approx 2 months

Hi there,
I've taken a quick look over your account and can see the slowdowns are caused by the usage allowance on the account being reached.
I can see you've requested to move to one of our newer accounts, this should help to resolve this issue for you.
Please let me know if we can help any further.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
centurion40

If that's the case why have I not been told this on the numerous tickets I've raised and the phone calls I've had to make?? So basically you're saying my broadband's been capped and I've not been informed!!!
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Centurion40,
Sorry about that, that seems to be the case here. I'll pick this up with the agents you spoke to, as Chris says the regrade due shortly on the 13th will sort this out for you.
matt_2k34
Grafter

@centurion40
Do you check your plusnet mailboxes ? they normally send an email when your getting close to (and then exceeding) your usage allowance.
(obviously, im asking because if you do - and nothing still has been sent - there may be a deeper routed issue than just CSC mis-informing you) Smiley
Moominfish
Grafter

Sorry to butt in here but centurion if you've been with Plusnet for as long as 3 years then you should know what package your on, how much usage allowance comes with that package AND if you ever went over it, and you should also know IF you went over it then your speed would be reduced, and I strongly believe you should know all of that information (and you should keep a closer eye on your usage) due to the fact you didn't (but probably out of ignorance?) bother to check or read up on what would happen if you did go over your usage cap.
centurion40

Hi Matt, yes I do check my mailbox and there's been no notification at all about usage being exceeded, hopefully this is all it is and when the upgrade comes in in a few days time the problem won't re-occur.
Moominfish, nice aggressive reply, was there really any need to post your comments infering that I'm a complete idiot, thanks for that
matt_2k34
Grafter

@centurion40
No problem, was just a thought hopefully one of the staff can check this up - and touch wood - the new package will mean your not getting close to the usage allowance anyway.
Also please do not be put off by the agressiveness of the post above, there are alot of helpful people on the forums - and moments like this are rare - feel free to stick around Smiley
Thanks
Matt
pierre_pierre
Grafter

did you check the postmaster mailbox? and does you PN emails also go to another box, Mine do.  I.E do you get a monthly e-mail with your DD amount on it
Yes that was a bit much from a newcomer..  We had a thread earlier on this year, the subject was did you know about the new packages, are there was a high percentage who missed the info in shall we say a poorly worded e-mail that seemed to be talking about telephones, but hidden on the link was the other info
centurion40

Thanks Matt_2k34, and pierre_pierre yes I do check my mailbox and my emails are also re-directed but ther'es been no mention, but hopefuly the problem will be sorted out shortly.
thanks guys
I'll let you know how it goes
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you look on your closed tickets can you find any reference to you having gone over your allowance - there should be a copy of any emails sent to you in there.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
centurion40

Hi Jelv, no there's no mention of exceeding my allowance, I'm just hoping that the reply from plusnet is right in which case the problem will be solved shortly.
It would make sense as to why it's ok in the daytime.
I never check my usage because I assumed that you would get notification if you were close to exceedng it.
having looked now I can see that we have gone over our allowance.
Still disappointed that no one mentioned it too us though.
Moominfish
Grafter

Quote from: centurion40
Moominfish, nice aggressive reply, was there really any need to post your comments infering that I'm a complete idiot, thanks for that

Not aggressive at all, I simply said it as it is, how can you be with an ISP for 3 years and not know how much usage you've got to play with each and every month....... I had and have a fair point regarding that.
Quote from: Matt_2k34
Also please do not be put off by the aggressiveness of the post above, there are alot of helpful people on the forums - and moments like this are rare - feel free to stick around Smiley
Thanks
Matt

I wasn't being aggressive and I'm sure he (or she) will stick around, I was simply pointing out (in an honest and open way) the fact he's been with Plusnet for 3 years that he (or she) should know the amount of usage he has to play with, it really is that simple and it's not rocket science or complicated....
I am a very helpful person myself but I don't and will never understand how someone can suddenly pop up after 3 years of being with an ISP pleading ignorance regarding the amount of usage they should know they have, also knowing full well they have gone over their allowance then claiming they didn't know they'd be capped, come on it's farcical.
I mean come on, centurion came on here with a very poor attitude (and I'm entitled to say that as that's my opinion and all I'm doing is expressing my opinion) he (or she) typed "I have had enough of plusnet and their rubbish service" then types "The support team are next to useless" and "As soon as I can find another supplier will be requesting my mac code" then from what Chris posted saying to centurion "I can see you've requested to move to one of our newer accounts" I'd be asking this question if it was me,
1) If you've had enough of Plusnet and they give rubbish service, and the support team are next to useless, and you say as soon as you can find another supplier (which isn't difficult) you'd be requesting your Mac code, WHY request to be moved to one of Plusnet's newer accounts?
I have a fair point and if people don't like some of my posts then don't read them, I only ever speak my mind and say things as they are, their really is no point pussy footing around in this day and age, if something needs saying it should be said and if someone goes off in the way centurion has then in my opinion they deserve both barrels, and I apologise if that offends people but it's the way I feel and that's my right.
My post wasn't and isn't a personal attack against you centurion, I just think you should go about things a little more tactful than you did.
centurion40

ok moominfish let's not pussyfoot around then, I do know what my monthly usage is, and I have exceeded it in the past and not been capped, I was assuming that PN would send an arbitary email informing you that your service had been capped.
If I ever post anything else on this forum in the future which is doubtful if it's riddled with abusive people like you, I'd be grateful if you'd keep you're pointless unhelpful opinions to yourself.
Or are you one of these people who enjoy aggravating people behind the anonimity of the internet, I mean come on what was the point of either of your two posts.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you are not aware that your usage had gone up and you'd had no emails it's understandable that you'd be unaware that you were being capped because of that. There's two issues:
  • Why didn't the first agent he spoke to point this out?
  • Why were no emails received?
    Plusnet need to answer BOTH these questions. Matt has addressed the first but we are still waiting on an answer for the second.
  • jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
       Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
    Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
    Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
    Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)