cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

packet drop graph

scootie
Grafter

packet drop graph

any idea when we will be getting a 21cn packet drop graph to look at?
is there a big tech reason why one hasnt bein put in place all ready?
also what happend to the idea of redoing the classes on the paket drop graphs as i remember thre was a wee chat a long time ago about the current classes on the graphs to be confusing ie premier an plus non interactive.
wouldnt it be better to use the same system as wireshark ie 0x0a titanium 0x80 gold 0x60 gold plated and so on
as the graphs stand i cant tell where the 0x60 drops would be
4 REPLIES 4
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: packet drop graph

I'm sure once upon a time I knew the answers to these questions Cheesy
I'll have a word with a few people tomorrow and see if I can get back to you with a definitive response...

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: ASBO
any idea when we will be getting a 21cn packet drop graph to look at?

No reason why we can't do this but the current 21CN graphs are built on a different internal system so we would need to sort out a process for populating the portal with them. To be honest though there's very little to look at currently as there's plenty of capacity on the 21CN host links. For the last 24 hours *all* of the traffic queue graphs were blank apart from this one:

Not very exciting I'm sure you'll agree!
is there a big tech reason why one hasnt bein put in place all ready?

No apart from the one given above.
also what happend to the idea of redoing the classes on the paket drop graphs as i remember thre was a wee chat a long time ago about the current classes on the graphs to be confusing ie premier an plus non interactive.
wouldnt it be better to use the same system as wireshark ie 0x0a titanium 0x80 gold 0x60 gold plated and so on
as the graphs stand i cant tell where the 0x60 drops would be

I raised myself a task to get this looked at (along with the 21CN graphing) once we've finished moving to our new data centre in November.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

cheers for the info bob.
are you sure the graphs are recording data before midnight. i may be wrong but i remember when the latency issue was bad that the graphing was only setup for the midnightish period.
i can well belive that there is very little drops thoe as ive not had an issue with spotify since being on the thn-ag2 box
scootie
Grafter

time this was put as a prioity now that the new and existing customers are joining are in the past under used box  Cry