cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

over useage data transfer cap

Dwivvc
Grafter

over useage data transfer cap

Hi i've been really happy with plus net the only problem is I am way over my usage limit nearly every month now and it's costing me quite a bit of extra money am I currently at the best package?
Also this data cap is just really really bad on like 12k does that revert back to my normal download speed at 12 pm when it's free to download?
4 REPLIES 4
scootie
Grafter

Re: over useage data transfer cap

if remember right, no the line speed cap stays in place till next billing month
what package are you on?
Dwivvc
Grafter

i'm on the extra package at the moment but i'm spending like £15 each month in fees for over using which is more than my actual base cost lol I really would hate to leave plusnet it's a great service but the new unlimited packages (100gb) that other provides are offering is starting to look quite tempting now ha.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I was going to suggest scheduling downloads overnight during the off peak periods where usage is free (midnight to 8am) but it looks like there's not much downloading going on. Is there any way you could schedule programs to download overnight to watch later rather than streaming them?
matt_2k34
Grafter

To do the above:
You'd need iPlayer Desktop Application
Without knowing the particulars of 'what your doing' its hard to be able to tell you what could help. Do you use services like Steam, TV Catchup ?
Also remember with other provides constantly getting hear / exceeding 100gb with their "unlimited" packages - may result in them terminating your contract - rather than just slowing the service.
any additional info Dwivvc would allow us to try and give you some suggestions to curtail the usage spend! Smiley
Regards