cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

our speed has dropped incredibly recently.

marchend

our speed has dropped incredibly recently.

Hi,
We used to get speeds of 15-20 mbps at all times and now we are stuck at 4-6.
I have viewed the sticky and (think) I have all the information here, was wondering if there is anything that can be done.. we don't have another router we can test either
is there anything that can be done?

kind off out of my depth here so i'm not sure what all of this means

4 REPLIES 4
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: our speed has dropped incredibly recently.

Thanks for this, your screen shots shows exactly what the problem is.
Right at the bottom, your sync speed and profile speed are miles apart. We now need to find out why....which is what I'm doing now.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Did anything unusual happen around the evening of the 23rd, for example loss of service including phone or broadband? This is when your sync dipped to 8128k, hence the bRAS dropped. Sync returned to 21339k yesterday evening. The bRAS profile should follow that, but I'll just check with BTw when it's expected to change. Sometimes we can ask them to make the change instantly. More news soon.

EDIT: I've just checked and this should be sorted now. Please disconnect and reconnect. If you see problems still, please do the BT speed test again and provide me with the new line rate. Thanks.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
marchend

Thanks a bunch!
Just reset the router and all is fixed! Back up to our normal speed! Smiley
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Keep a close eye on any drops in the connection. Your drop in sync for a relatively short period of time caused the problems. Pleased it's sorted now anyway.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team