cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

os it tme to walk

echodale

os it tme to walk

Been with Plus Net for a few years, it's not until it goes wrong do you realise how rubbish support is.  It all started when BT dug a hole and cut off the line.  Could not even report it to Plus Net because the line is dead, I don't even use the phone only broadband.  Two weeks later the line is repaired but now only syncs at 400kbs, unusable.  Report it to Plus Net website, when you eventually finf it for some odd reason it's called "ask a question" and when you select line speed issue it asks a whole load of questions about what happens when your line drops, it's not dropping it's syncing really slow, it never drops unless I drop it.  Persevere anyway when you get to the end of the form it says awaiting line test results this may take up to 24 hours, well that 24 hours was up 3 days ago and not a peep from Plus Net - not impressed.  Using PAYG 3G dongle to access internet costs a small fortune plus I am paying line rental and subsciption for a "broadband" line.
3 REPLIES 3
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: os it tme to walk

Your profile was very erratic with the speeds fluctuating even before the line was cut, do you manually reboot the router or do you leave it powered on? Also is the router in your master socket?
I've requested a reset of your line following the fault being fixed, this should take effect within the next 24 hours and you should see an improvement of speed from there.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
echodale

Thanks Chris, router is plugged into the master socket and is usually on 24/7. although not recently manually reset it a couple of times per day in the hope it'll resync at a better speed!
Never had any problems with the line before, always very stable, synced at just over 2 Meg, did not drop very often (perhaps 3 times per year) so not sure why you are seeing as erratic.
My issue though is not about having a fault it's the amount of time it takes to have the fault acknowledged and the lack of updates, hardly good customer service, particularly irritating is the fact that you would not acknowledge a fault 4 weeks ago as "no dial tone was present, therefore I must report to my telephony provider" and then when I do have a dial tone and low sync speed your form repetitively asks question about what occurs when it drops, surely the form should have a "does it drop" question.  Getting on 3 weeks now and I'm still paying you guys and my line rental.
echodale

Just logged on to the router, it reset 5 minutes after Chris' post and it's now nearly 4 Meg.  Thanks