cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ordered and pay for Fibre Unlimited but get essentials speeds

Macgoober
Dabbler

ordered and pay for Fibre Unlimited but get essentials speeds

Its probably worth explaining why i've put this poll up.  to cut a long story short i ordered the unlimited 80/20 service with a predicted speed of 53Mb.  Had it installed a couple of days back and was told by the engineer my speed was 37Mb.  Having let this sink in for a while i decided to call Plusnet to see what was going on.  In short, BT provisioned the 40/10 service instead of the 80/20.  My worry is that i had to check to make sure that i was receiving the service I had payed for... it doesn't look like Plusnet have the systems to flag automatically so if you haven't already, perhaps you should check too? would love to know how widespread this issue is.
Yes I know fibre is excellent and understand the "do you really need all that speed" argument.  There is a principle at play for me and if i pay for something i really want to see the reasons...
60 REPLIES 60
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: ordered and pay for Fibre Unlimited but get essentials speeds

We're aware of an issue that's caused a good chunk of 80/20 orders to go through at 40/10 instead, we're working on it!
I'll get one of the team to sort yours out.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Macgoober
Dabbler

thanks Chris, Thats great - is plusnet planning on notifying those affected?  I was told 7 days to fix - is that about right?
Chris
Legend

It shouldn't be 7 days, the order we're placing should complete tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's order 1-14633503616 in place and due to complete tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Macgoober
Dabbler

thanks Adam
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries, just let me know if you have any more issues.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MrRichThomas
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
That's order 1-14633503616 in place and due to complete tomorrow.

Hi Adam, does this cover everyone who's been affected? Do you need anyone's details or do you know all the users already? My fibre was installed today and I'm pretty sure I'm on 40/10 instead of 80/20. Thanks
Chris
Legend

We've placed orders to correct those activated up until Tuesday (new signups). If it's an upgrade from ADSL to Fibre we'll be doing those asap.
Anyone activated after Tuesday we'll also be picking up asap.
At the moment we're unable to place an order to correct yours as the installation order hasn't completely closed off yet, we'll get that done shortly.
MrRichThomas
Grafter

Ok great, thank you.
tahmores
Dabbler

Hi, the same thing has happened to me.  Sad
My line got activated Tuesday afternoon. I did a test and was getting 40/10 speeds. The engineer wondered why I wasn't too happy about it - as far as he knew I was a 40/10 customer..
I phoned Plusnet support and they confirmed I had been put on the wrong package. They said they will place a 'modify order' and it would take 24 hours for the changes to take affect, and I may have to restart my modem/router. It has now been over 48 hours and I have restarted both modem and router, but it's still not fixed.
Now I've been on hold for around 30 minutes on the phone, and got randomly hung up on too...
Not a good start...
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi all,
I'm looking to place orders to correct this for both of you @MrRichThomas and @tahmores, however i'm having a few issues with our suppliers ordering system at the moment. I'll come back to these later for you.
Adam
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MrRichThomas
Grafter

Thanks Adam.  Grin
tahmores
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
Thanks, but what happened to the modify order that was placed for me when I called on Tuesday?
Also, is it just the line speed that is the same as the Essentials package, or has the order bug turned some Unlimited orders completely into Essentials orders, including the traffic management/limits etc.? In that case, please correct those too! Cool

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Traffic Management is fine.  It was just the order set to BT.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager