Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

option 2

mac
Grafter

option 2

just looking at your way option 2
8gb peak times  between 8am and midnight this is  just giving you a month of 8gb
unless your on the dole and stay in bed all day and surf all night
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: option 2

Hi there,
The peak/off peak structure is designed to give you the ability to schedule large downloads, such as those by Usenet or P2P during off peak times and not having them attributed to your usage allowance.
We don't expect you to only view websites during silly hours of the morning Smiley
Not applicable

That sounds about right.
For many internet users 8GB is a figure that they'll never reach, so there is little point in including more useage. All that would do is push the cost up and make the folks using less subsidise the folks using more (to a greater extent than they do already). Alternatively you'd get to the stage where PN would have to sell hugely more bandwidth than they actually had, and if folks decided to use it all every month, the network would run as slowly as the Virgin Media or CarPhone Warehouse network.
You pay your money and take your choice I'm afraid in this world, and I like the fact that I get what I pay for, and I don't pay over the odds to subsidise somebody who wants more.
Incidentally, I'd have imagined that folks wanting to download 100Gb+ would be using P2P, and would have the ability to schedule their downloads to run overnight when the network is quiet and useage doesn't count towards their paid-for limit.
Tsonga
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
the Virgin Media or CarPhone Warehouse network.

Please watch your language.  There may be children reading these forums.  Grin
Not applicable

Quote from: BlueRhizome
Please watch your language.

Duly chastised, my apologies.
At least I didn't mention Orange or Tiscali though....
pierre_pierre
Grafter

How come that didn't get censored
Teds31
Grafter

i've been on option 2 since the change over and I have never gone much past 4GB ,so I'm with James.Though the other night I watched a program on BBC Iplayer and ran up 500MB the most I've done,in one night. Shocked