cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

online gaming sudden lag

martynj8

online gaming sudden lag

hi, my internet has been fine for the 3 months or so i have had it, however recently i have been having trouble with my internet connection with the xbox 360, it used to work fine with a wireless adapter but it suddenly about a week ago kept disconnecting me from the xbox live service and when i managed to get on was frequently lagging to a state where i wasnt able to play at all. At the same time my laptop which i use in the same room was and still is connecting wireless to my internet without any problems. i decided to connect my xbox via a wired connection to see if that helped but i still have the same results. i tested my connection on speedtest.net and get mixed results each time i use it, with having a ping of 23 and download speeds of 17mpbs one time to trying again minutes later and having a ping of over 80 and download speeds of less than 2mpbs. i reset my router the other day to see if that would help and still no luck. is there anything else i can do? as i dont understand how it was fine for a few months and then just suddenly has stopped working. 
6 REPLIES 6
thesawdust
Grafter

Re: online gaming sudden lag

ADSL or FTTC?
martynj8

adsl
thesawdust
Grafter

Ask for an snr/profile reset in a ticket? See of that helps
martynj8

thanks for the reply, yes maybe i should do that its just its feels as if my laptop is fine, the speedtest said otherwise but it feels like the actual connection on my laptop is the same as its always been,  ive reset my router a few times this past week (probably a bad idea) and well for the first 5 mins or so on my xbox my connection is fine and then it lags uncontrollably again, which is frustrating seen as i live quite close to my exchange aswel  Embarrassed
thesawdust
Grafter

Indeed rebooting router a lot isn't a wise idea, deffo worth asking to reset snr
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi martynj8,
I've taken a look over your line and can't see any problems. I've placed an order to uncap your upload as they may help you, this will complete tomorrow.
Have you also tried resetting your connection setting in your Xbox to your router since you connected it wired?