Dabbler

not happy with plusnet connecting phone and broadband time limits

its going to take over a month before they
connect me up to broadband and a month to get my phone
working,
they tell me this after the 14 days cooling off period, so i
Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry
cant cancil the order with out paying over £10 a month of fees
to cover the contract for the next 2 years.
would not be so bad if they set me up with mobile broadband to cover the time im off line,
i had bt round to connect me on the 14th december afer waiting 2weeks (that i was happy with)
but then told me that there is a problem with the local exchange and i will have to wait untill the 31 dec to get a working phone line and then another 7 days to get my broadband ,,
this is not on ,  and a maximum speed will be a lousy 7mb , i should have gone to virgin, they would have given me more speed and have my phone and broadband connected by now..
13 REPLIES 13
jordanc1230
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: not happy with plusnet connecting phone and broadband time limits

I believe the new Consumer Rights Act 2015 which came into force on the 1st October 2015 applies in this situation as it covers services provided by a company including broadband. Part of the contract you agreed with PlusNet involved agreeing an installation date which you say was by the 15th December 2015 however they have failed to deliver on this and whilst a few extra days wouldn't be unreasonable, I would say that an extra 2 week wait would be unreasonable especially with the inconvenience it is causing you. So in this situation you should be able to cancel and get a refund of any money paid. This link http://www.uswitch.com/broadband/news/2015/10/consumer_rights_act_changes_to_force_isps_to_improve_c... mentions at the end of the article that "It will also be important to make sure that services are delivered in a reasonable period of time to consumers, and that if they are not, then the customer is able to get a refund for the service." I would therefore ring up cancellations and state they are breaching the Consumer Rights Act 2015 by failing to provide the service requested in a reasonable amount of time, in this situation you shouldn't be charged for cancelling.
grandadsshed
Dabbler

thats very interesting , thank you ,
they told me that i will be connected on the 15th but in reality they have only done half the job as far as i can see.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Hi
but then told me that there is a problem with the local exchange

Whilst unfortunate, I'm not sure what you expect Plusnet to do about an issue at a BT Exchange, we've been very fortunate so far this year to have great weather up to now (barring the odd flood) usually BT has had to deal with flooding, snow, ice,  frost etc. by now (meaning the engineers are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay behind)
The problem with Jordan's reply, in my opinion is the following
Quote from: jordanc1230
"It will also be important to make sure that services are delivered in a reasonable period of time to consumers, and that if they are not, then the customer is able to get a refund for the service."

You'd have to define reasonable, if the issue at the exchange for example is they need more equipment / replacement equipment to be able to service the request, and this comes with a 2-week lead time surely this is still "Reasonable" to make you wait that length of time under the legislation.
Hopefully one of the PN guys will pop along shortly and see if there's anything that can be done to expedite (or may be able to give a better explanation of the delay)
Thanks
samzh
Grafter

if the issue at the exchange for example is they need more equipment / replacement equipment to be able to service the request, and this comes with a 2-week lead time surely this is still "Reasonable" to make you wait that length of time under the legislation.

Since the end-user is the consumer, and he deems an additional 2 weeks delay to be unreasonable (and seriously, who wouldn't?) then it seems pretty well defined as an unreasonable delay. Whether Plusnet and BT between them deem the delay reasonable at the wholesale level is completely irrelevant in this situation, both to the consumer and to the legislation.
Brandscill
Grafter

Should have gone to Virgin over ADSL any day
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

I've checked over the order and it looks like our suppliers found a fault with some exchange equipment and are working on getting this fixed, when they found the problem we were given the new appointment date in line with the amount of time they advised it would take them to resolve the issue at the exchange.
Although I appreciate this response is delayed (And I do apologise for that) unfortunately we wouldn't have been able to make our suppliers speed this work up.
It is in our best interest to make sure there is as little downtime as reasonably possible during a housemove, however this delay is unfortunately out of our control.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused by the delay.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
grandadsshed
Dabbler

ok, openreach turned up this morning ,, and i now have phone and internet , [ if only 6mbs] problem is that it keeps dropping the internet every few minutes,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It looks like your line was dropping out fairly significantly yesterday, however it's been stable for the last 18+ hours since then. If you continue to have problems it's worth reporting at https://faults.plus.net
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grandadsshed
Dabbler

No broadband, no phone, yes another person with this prob

ok no internet or phone working ,
at the moment im useing a my perants internet to get on this forun ,,
any ne got any tips on what i should do ?? trying to phone PN  but waiting times are so long i ran out of credit on my mobile ,,
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: No broadband, no phone, yes another person with this prob

You shouldn't run out of credit if you ring the correct number. Calls to 0800 from mobiles (all networks) have been free since July!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: No broadband, no phone, yes another person with this prob

Moderators Note.
Topics merged to keep clarity

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

cedlor
Grafter

Have you reported  the fault as Chris said? 
Did you have an original fault ticket? is it still open? if so tag something on it.
You can also try the " chat online  here http://www.plus.net/help/broadband/ ; should be a green flag pops up at the bottom of the screen.
It can be accessed form your parents but you may need some account details - its a while since I used it.
They may not be able to help but will at least get a message through to faults.
grandadsshed
Dabbler

thanks for that m8, just seen your reply
i have just had a DLM reset, so will wait and see how this go over the next day or so,
i have internet and phone back, but the internet is only running at around 1,3mbs -
dick:quote