Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

non-TR069 config

manfromthezoo
Grafter

non-TR069 config

Hello all.
I just got my 585v7 delivered at work. New connection at home. I'd rather like to power it up and get it configured to my standards / preferences....but....I'll probably bork up the TR-069 config process by doing so, right? i.e not having it plugged into my line for first-power up?
Or does this make no difference, as I can run the set-up manually (which I prefer to be honest) or just kick-off the set-up wizard again?
Do tell, 069 heads. I'm a bit keen to take a look, you see. My chief concern was ballsing up any initial  line condition reporting the Thomson might make back to the TR-069 platform.
Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
scootie
Grafter

Re: non-TR069 config

go into the plusnet member centre and disable the it on the connection tab
direct link here https://portal.plus.net/automatic_hardware_setup/index.php
EDIT. for the benfit of helpers on the forum even if you have the router sent out to you on an existing account you get the the extra option on your connection tab (starting to get cluttered in mine now days)
manfromthezoo
Grafter

Wonderful.  Before the grand 'switch on', I shall turn it off. Thanks ASBO!
So am I right in assuming no line stats are recorded and reported by TR-069 - it's just a credentials set-up thing? I'm sure I read somewhere that 069 feeds back 'troubleshooting information'. What constitutes that, I'm not sure....
scootie
Grafter

am not 100% on sending back of line stats, the one i have was sent to me to test some CLI commands out on it. but its main duty is to input the ppp settings to make setup of the router as simple as adding username with out the realm @plusdsl.net and password.
if does send back line stats ect i wouldnt worrie PN have old system of getting the same stats for line faults
you may find the cli command list useful for future tweaking of you 585v7 http://www.thomsonbroadbandpartner.com/getfile.php?id=6064
if you on adsl2+ and find you need to force modulation to say g.dmt then you would need to do this http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/forcing-adsl-modulation-on-thomson-585v7/
theres afew useful write ups on the thomson in the library
manfromthezoo
Grafter

Cheers ASBO, I feel better at the CLI. Not that I'm a beardy GUI dodger, or anything but....oh, you get the point.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re:non-TR069 config

We don't use TR69 for anything other than the auto-setup at the moment. If you choose to set it up yourself, it just becomes a normal router (still uploads the tree to the TR69 server unless you turn it off via the portal).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
manfromthezoo
Grafter

Thank you Chris,.