Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nobbled router software

richardg8jvm
Dabbler

nobbled router software

Hi
just on line with plusnet and a supplied wireless router, and before it went live I went on to the Sagem site and downloaded a user manual.
I see however that the software features of the router are drastically reduced, and I now cant use all the IP cameras outside as they are on another subnet,and have fixed ip addresses.
and I cant find anywhere on the router software that allows a change of the LAN/WLAN subnet.
Everyman and his dog uses 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x, so its a security hazard to use it.
Is there any codes that can be sent to the modem to re-activate all the modem features, or have I got to now go and buy another wireless modem that I can change the
LAN/WLAN subnet.
TIA
Richard
4 REPLIES 4
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Re: nobbled router software

I hear that some of the features can be accessed by the expert user page, described here: https://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,135846.msg1197376.html#msg1197376
I think changing the IP address range isn't going to add any meaningful amount of security though.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

ejs has linked to the thread where it was mentioned, it's http://192.168.1.254/expert_user.html
You can change it's IP address as well. Yes the features are drastically reduced Roll_eyes There are also a few issues and a few threads around on the hardware board about the problems and some occasional solutions.
As you are on ADSL can I suggest you do a copy and paste of the Helpdesk page before rushing off to do anything - however, redact lines 2, 20, 21 and 26. We can then offer some sensible advice.
richardg8jvm
Dabbler

Thanks, that now has everything on the same subnet.
Using an odd subnet just makes thinks a little harder for anyone tring to get in, maybe a just a delay, but maybe enough so they get bored.
now to see if I can find dhcp reserve address table
cheers
Richard
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Unless you are nice and close to the exchange and on a 21CN connection, you could end if with a problem if you end up rebooting a few times.