cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no service for over 6 weeks

loulou24
Hooked

no service for over 6 weeks

I have had no broadband service for 6 weeks. 10 engineers both phone and broadband and still receiving the same BT service message. I'm getting contradictory info from plus net and now want to send yet another engineer.
15 REPLIES 15
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: no service for over 6 weeks

Sorry to hear you're still unable to connect after so many engineer visits.

I can see we've raised an escalation with our suppliers because of this to make sure that the next engineer who goes out tomorrow morning thoroughly investigates the fault to determine the cause of the problem and put steps in place to fix it.

Let us know how it goes.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
loulou24
Hooked

Well broadband was temporarily fixed on Friday and has been hit and miss over the weekend. Today however it's off 90% of the time. Have arranged to have fibre but now been told this can't be done until 2 Nov, so that will bring it up to 8 weeks. Totally fed up, have had some helpful customer service and several unhelpful, arrogant customer service with misleading and or incorrect information. There appears to be a lack of communication between departments as I have received messages to say it's fixed followed by calls to say it's not. Will the fibre change anything, I'll believe it when I see it but not impressed that Ai have to wait so long for installation under the circumstances.
OskarPapa
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 65

Hi @loulou24 ,

The answer to your question is really a double edged sword.

Whilst you'd undoubtedly get better speeds via fibre, the amount of dropouts you're receiving shouldn't be affected by changing over to fibre and so I'd recommend going down the engineer route to actually get the issue fixed, before you commit to paying more monthly.

The testing results from today, listed below, show both the copper line test and your connection logs:

Copper Line Test

Circuit ID:<REDACTED FOR SECURITY>

Service ID:<REDACTED FOR SECURITY>

Telephone NO.:NATest Executed On:22-10-2018 16:47:19

MFL:CAOR Test ID:dys00556dat01:136086537

Test Outcome:CIDT FAULT - HIGH RESISTANCE IMBALANCE DETECTEDDTR:T307

Copper Test Details

A to EB to E

Capacitance:261 NanoFarad266 NanoFarad

DP Line Length Estimate:4178 MetresDN

Line Length Estimate:4191 Metres

Celerity:54.4 dBLine Loss:54.88 dB

Line Stability:

Fault Report Advised:Y

Service Level:2

BRAGOutcome:Good

Faceplate:Cannot Be Detected

Connection Log - Vertical red/green lines indicate a dropout.

As we can see from the above, you're receiving an inordinate amount of drops and coupled with the fault test results above that, it certainly looks as though we're dealing with a line fault that I don't think upgrading will repair.

Our copper tests are telling us that an engineer is required although I can certainly appreciate your reluctance to take this option given the amount of times engineers have already visited you.

At this stage we have 2 options:

a) book a repair engineer in who will hopefully identify the issue and finally get it repaired

or

b) go ahead with the move to fibre in the hopes that the slightly different technology fixes the problem. My gut feeling is that it won't and you're basically going to be left with fault on your line but more to pay per month.

Please let me know how you'd like for us to proceed.

loulou24
Hooked

OK I'm now being told it probably won't make a difference despite being advised yesterday that they could send another engineer but it probably wouldn't rectify the issue and would therefore be a better option to wait for fibre. Again MIXED MESSAGES contradicting each other. Seems to me plusnet are now 'passing the book' to me. Your the experts you sort it. I have been very patient up to now. Next week the 2 month period as quoted in the CICAS regs is up so I will be taking this further
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Ultimately the decision is down to yourself on how you want to proceed.

Our tests are showing a high resistance fault at the property which would most likely still be present when you upgrade to fibre

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
loulou24
Hooked

It looks like there is no alternative then but to arrange yet another engineer. I would like to know why I was advised that switching to fibre would rectify the issue and I will now be forwarding information to CICAS next week due to all the contradictory information I have been given
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @loulou24

I've updated this ticket on your account so that we can progress this forward accordingly.

Once you've replied to it, give us a shout on here so that we can pick this up asap. 

Thanks, 

MoR

loulou24
Hooked

Have spoken to someone by phone today. Now waiting for website to come back on line to arrange engineer no 13 dates.
Jubby
All Star
Fixes: 31

Hi @loulou24,

I sincerely apologise that this was not clearly explained when the request to move to Fibre was received.

I have updated the fault ticket on your account and sent a text message which will allow you to reply with your availability. If you are able to access the ticket, please reply so we can pick it up for you as soon as possible.

Thank you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lewis G
 Infrastructure Operations Professional
loulou24
Hooked

Do plus net not communicate with each other. Note put on file today to say service unplugged.......well it will be when I've been told fibre is being activated today and to switch on when notified. As it is I've had to call yet again wait time supposedly 5 mind took an hour to be told oh yes your fibre is active. Also had message to say internal wiring/ equipment could be at fault, I've had 4 routers, 3 boxes on the wall so now have to see if fibre has rectified anything. Service as usual appalling lack of communication !
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

I'm really sorry to hear this.

It looks like the fibre order has been cancelled so we'll need to get it replaced.

We'll update your account with more details regarding this shortly

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

I've raised a background question to check on what is happening.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

loulou24
Hooked

Absolutely fuming. Have just rang plus net as board band speed is only on 1.7 and supposedly on fibre to be told that despite what I was told me on Friday 2nd...that my fibre order which was due for that day was complete they had in fact put new dsl broadband in and my fibre order would not be completed until 12 . Nov. This has gone beyond contradictory information to down right lies. I'm absolutely appalled at the service considering this started 3 sept
loulou24
Hooked

Complaint raised with ISPA