cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no landline & internet!!

cazchad1970
Dabbler

no landline & internet!!

Hi, please help I've no internet & landline since 3pm!! Rebooting every 30mins,called customer services 5 times but still 30mins wait!! I'm in Norfolk there's no priority problem onsite but this is crucial that it's fixed, I'm in a village & disabled I need my services back...
Thanks
Shocked
27 REPLIES 27
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: no landline & internet!!

Hi there,
I've picked up the ticket and raised a fault for you, we'll let you know as soon as we hear anything back. Currently the estimated repair date is for the 15th but I hope we hear something before then.
cazchad1970
Dabbler

Thank you matt,
But this is crucial was going on?  Sad
Hope you won't expect me to be paying my bill this month!!
Caroline
cazchad1970
Dabbler

I've just logged on & the interest is asking for a Technicolor gateway username & password what are they? As neither of my my account or community logins work?
buseng12
Grafter

Username is admin (lower case).
Password is the router serial number starting with CP.
Should be printed on the bottom of the router & in UPPER case.
cazchad1970
Dabbler

Thanks had already tried that didn't work!! Still nothing,Vodafone only works in the village so I've ordered a dongle & will be adding this to my compensation claim  Angry
Mattz0r
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Hello there,
As you know, it's the weekend and BT Openreach aren't obligated to work over the weekend, just like any other employee that works Monday to Friday.
You will be rebated the amount of downtime once the fault has been repaired. I don't believe cost of dongles will be included within that amount, as it's your choice to purchase it.
Hope you get the line issue resolved soon.
Cheers,
Matt
cazchad1970
Dabbler

Oh they will be paying for it.. I've now had to have friends drive a 14 mile trip to bring me shopping as the local shop card machine is also down too.. There's a lot off us here suffering we had a powercut for. 7 hours yesterday too,I'm disabled and rely on these communication methods... Most disheartening to learn you've sold out to Bt too! I think the parish council is going to the media & newspapers tomorrow so maybe that might get the engineers out on some overtime,? In the meantime I might see if Stephen or Delia can help they might even let me stay Tongue
Please escalate again  Cry
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

You are wasting your time posting on the forum over the weekend -the Digital Care boys work Mon - Friday.
1.  You are on a standard home contract -no SLA (Service level agreement) exists -so it gets fixed when it gets fixed! If your phone is crucial then you should already be on a special register, Priority Fault Repair register,I believe..
2.  A standard contract does not provide for consequential loss -which would include an alternative method of using the internet (or getting your shopping)!!
3. Can't blame BT or Plusnet for a power cut!!!!
Mattz0r
Rising Star

Emergency "welfare" repairs have very strict guidelines and rules, the fact you can leave the house and have people around that can visit you, means you don't qualify for a "welfare" case.
What did you do before the internet was around?
Chances are, if the local shop's card machine isn't working - Your landline might not be the only one that is affected..
Matt
All4One
Grafter

Also, I can see your point of view, relying on the services for communication, but they're not guaranteed services that will work 100% of the time.
cazchad1970
Dabbler

Thanks for your posts,before I wasn't living in a village & after having a accident found myself disabled!! So having no internet,landline then no power just has topped it all off!! The update now is that someone has stolen the copper cabling leaving at least 3 villages out!! It's hard enough without all this!!
Embarrassed
All4One
Grafter

Those copper thieves are just pathetic.
Mattz0r
Rising Star

As i suspected, a common fault within the area. At least you have more information now, and it's not localised to just your line. Which means the job has a bit more priority, they usually work quite a lot on common faults as they are big jobs.
Depending on the size of the cable that was stolen, it could be a week or two before you're back up and running (maybe more).
They might be able to muster up a temporary service, depends how badly damaged the network is around you.
Sooner BT upgrade everywhere to fibre, the better. Glass is priceless compared to copper.
Matt
cazchad1970
Dabbler

Update didn't come from either ISP,came from parish council knocking on doors!! Vodafone have sent me a dongle be here in the morning so least I can use the laptop  Smiley wouldn't be ranting on so much but this is so important, emails have gone to local news too but let's just hope its back soon