cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no internet ticket no. 69699169

crobertbailey
Grafter

no internet ticket no. 69699169

Hi wonder if someone can help with this, i had another thread, this is kind of related but felt it was different enough to start a new one.
So gave my daughter my plusnet router as i didn't use it and her service went live Chris organized the change of details on there side of things and all seemed fine, so Wednesday night i had a few disconnections all lights green but no pages would load, then found out daughter had the same assumed that everything not set up yet.
Thursday morning noticed that chris had put through the order and i had no internet at all but lights all green, so came back in in the afternoon and son says no internet all day, called up and was told that it was showing that my router had been transfered over to the daughters okay and maybe it just needed hers to reboot, so went over to hers and unplugged her router and mine came back and has been fine since, but she plugged hers back in last night and has still no internet rebooted and all green lights.
Is there anything i can try to get her connected before the weekend (her only days off)
Thanks
Robert
5 REPLIES 5
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

Re: no internet ticket no. 69699169

so went over to hers and unplugged her router and mine came back and has been fine since

Do you have a static IP on your account ?
It sounds like both routers may be using your login details. Having moved your old router to your daughters account, the best bet would be to do a factory reset on it and it should then auto configure to her details. Once that's completed , login to the router and check that it now has her account information correct, if not then configure it manually.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

crobertbailey
Grafter

Thanks for the helpful reply yes i have a static ip on my account, the router that i gave her was a new one unused (a replacement for a faulty one).
Think i will have to bite the bullet a go over to hers and set it up (only has all wireless in the house ipads) can't see any problems as i will have the default login details.
just didn't want to wait the time for a ticket to be picked up
Thanks
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Try the factory reset as MisterW suggested. It may have originally set itself up with TR-069 before the details had been changed on the ACS and so was using your account. If it does so again, perhaps Chris could check the ACS entry. Make a note of the serial number when you are there just in case for some reason there's been some sort of mix up. If it does Auto Configure to your account, delete your details and enter hers manually and tell her not to do a Factory reset in the meantime.  HTH.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
I can see that your daughters account is now connected, everything seems OK. Did she do the factory reset? That should have done the trick.
crobertbailey
Grafter

Thanks everyone over at hers at the moment just did a factory reset and set it up again and tested and all seems to be working ok, so fingers crossed the reset did it
Thanks
Robert