cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no connection in battersea - is it me or something else?

beanwalls
Dabbler

no connection in battersea - is it me or something else?

Late last night and continuing this morning I can't get connected to plusnet apart from the random saying it's connected but acting like it isn't. I've checked the router and all is fine, the wifi says it's connected but I'm just getting time outs over and over (I'm posting this message from my phones 3g connection)...
I had a look at plusnet faults but couldn't find anything in my area (Battersea, south London).. Although I am searching on my phone so it's more than possible I missed something!
Can anyone help or advise?Huh
Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: no connection in battersea - is it me or something else?

Hi beanwalls and welcome to the forum.
There is nothing I can see but have you tried switching off your router for 30 minutes and trying again?
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
beanwalls
Dabbler

I've now managed to download of couple of emails but they took 10mins and it's timed out before getting the rest... What is going on? Not even turning things off and on again is working!
beanwalls
Dabbler

I've turned the router off for a couple of mins and then back on again with no change. I'll try turning it off for a half hour and see if that helps.
Thanks
beanwalls
Dabbler

i left the router off for a couple of hours and all seems to be good again.
any ideas what happened and why it needs turning off like that? I'd like to avoid causing problems in the future!
thanks for the help!
beanwalls
Dabbler

I say that and then 10 mins later it's back to be painfully slow, if working at all!
I'm now back posting from my phone and it's much faster 3g connection! Any further advice? Does this mean my router is on the way out or could it be something else?? I don't want to buy a new router and find I still have the same problem...
beanwalls
Dabbler

i tried changing the wifi channel and that seems to have solved the problem...
Wheel_nut
Grafter

I think that there is an issue with one of the Gateways. I had the problem with VERY slow Browsing and lots of timeouts early afternoon. I re-booted my Router and it has been fine ever since.
I should have taken note of the Gateway I was on but I didn't.