cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no broadband yesterday, half the usual speed today

outinthesticks
Grafter

no broadband yesterday, half the usual speed today

Lost our broadband connection yesterday afternoon and didn't return until the early hours this morning. Download speed 1.3Mbps this morning - usually about 3 in this digitally deprived corner of Herefordshire. Have done the usual checks. Can't seem to find a way of communicating with Plusnet about this, gave up after 20 minutes waiting on the phone last night. 

3 REPLIES 3
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Re: no broadband yesterday, half the usual speed today

HI @outinthesticks

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear that your speed has dropped following the loss of service you experienced yesterday. I've just tested your line and the connection appears to have jumped back up to 3.5mb/s from our side.

Could you run me a wired speed test, ensuring that the router is plugged into the test socket as per the below, and let us know the results?

https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/Testing-From-The-Master-Socket/ba-p/1322242

Incidentally, I'm seeing quite a few drops in your connection over the last seven days - if these continue, irrespective of the speed, I'd probably recommend raising a fault here.

Best wishes,

Dave

outinthesticks
Grafter

I replied on Monday by email to say that I’d done a couple of wired speed tests, from the master socket and then the secondary socket I normally use and the results are almost the same – 1.9 download, 0.8 upload. Normally I would get around 2.3-3.00. Today it is about the same. So there is still a problem. Should I raise a fault?

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @outinthesticks

Thanks for getting in touch.

I've tested the line and it's currently syncing up at 2.7mb/s. It may be worth getting your router into the test socket to see if this improves things.

As things stand, your connection has restablised since the fault and has been up for around 36 hours. I wouldn't recommend raising a fault right now, as even at 1.9mb/s your speed is within estimates. However, if the drops in connection reoccur we would treat that as a separate issue (even though it's probably related to the speed problem) and pick this up with our suppliers after you've raised a fault.

Let us know how you get on (or simply raise a fault if the drops kick in again).

Best wishes,

Dave