cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new unlimited package

paulg123
Grafter

new unlimited package

Hello so I've been on the plus net extra package and the pro add on, just noticed recently the new unlimited service and also that the pro add on is nowhere to be seen?
Firstly I went to change package to the unlimited service and my download estimate has gone from 17mb to 8mb? What is happening there?
Secondly in my current package on the page that displays what I currently have/am paying for the pro add-on has gone? Has the pro service been stopped and also does that mean that plus net offer no more prioritised add ons and that we all are on the same prioritisation or is everyone now getting a "pro" service as standard?
Ok I can see the pro add on is still there in the add ons page so my main question is just about the new 8meg estimate, I don't want to change package to unlimited if I'm gonna lose half my speed when my line consistently gets 15.5ish to just shy of 16meg currently
15 REPLIES 15
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: new unlimited package

Worth reading this http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110092.0.html if you have not much better to do
To answer the specific questions
"download estimate has gone from 17mb to 8mb?"  Ignore it as it is a glitch your speeds will remain unchanged
Pro addon - is still there but is probably useless given the new traffic shaping
- see picture from my account (I am on the new package)
paulg123
Grafter

Thanks Jim, what new traffic shaping is that?
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

paulg123
Grafter

Thanks for the link , so traffic prioritation and line speed fall into the same bracket then? Or would I lose a bit of prioritation by not having pro?
jim:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

You will note that I have removed the full quote in your last two posts - Please use the reply function as a default unless you really need to quote it
To go back to your question this is linked from the page linked before http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/speed_guide/traffic_management.shtml
In essence the traffic prioritisation works at the user level - that is if you are doing several things at once on your connection the lower priority ones are preferentially slowed if needed
Comparing the two options - with and without Pro you will see that the main difference is the Other category (which is basically things they can't identify) and P2P/Usenet.
We have been assured that under normal conditions nothing will be slowed down at a global level - that may not be entirely true at the moment due to the major over night failure (posted elsewhere)
Since the Pro addon can be added immediately the recommendation is to try without it and see if you need it
paulg123
Grafter

Ooh so the prioritation is on my end, that's where I got my wires crossed, I thought that it was taking effect through the BT/plus net end of things, ok that's reassuring to know, so basically the pro add on just manages traffic at home so if my partner is you tubing on her phone and I'm on Xbox live then my game should take priority I have I got it wrong there?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Correct unless your game isn't recognised then the Pro option helps
paulg123
Grafter

I know its bank holiday and changing my package to unlimited yesterday was too soon but when plus net staff see this message can you come infirm that I've been changed to unlimited and that pro add on has been removed
Estragon
Rising Star

It should show in your "Closed tickets/questions".
paulg123
Grafter

Where would I find the closed tickets/questions page?
Ok this is in there
Service Notification
2:09pm, Monday 31 Dec 2012
Broadband product change scheduled successfully
To: Plusnet Unlimited (No Contract)
This change will take place on the next billing date, 2013-01-01 00:00:00
Estragon
Rising Star

Well that says it has completed?
What do your Account Details show?
paulg123
Grafter

Must have changed in the last couple of hours, was still saying extra but now saying unlimited 🙂
Estragon
Rising Star

Enjoy :).
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

the billing process takes place over the whole day, looks like yours was a later one to process...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'