Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to plusnet broadband

FIXED
neil9

new to plusnet broadband

Good morning

I've just signed up, set the router which has a blue light, but although devices are saying connected I'm not, cannot access the internet.

Any advice?

Also is Plusnet customer service always as pitiful as I've witnessed over the last 24 hrs

Many Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: new to plusnet broadband

Welcome to the forums @neil9 . Difficult to answer your first question, but how long have you supposedly been connected, and have you received the email advising you that your connection is live? I'm assuming this post has been made over 3G/4G?

As to your second point - that is subjective, and depends on what was 'pitiful'.

John
neil9

Hi John

Thank you for the welcome, the broadband was meant to have been active since Monday, when I received the email to say it was active.

Regards

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @neil9,

I'm sorry that you're unable to get online and for any inconvenience that this is causing you. Testing your line indicates that the circuit is in sync but the router is attempting to connect on the incorrect details.

A factory reset should normally resolve this. Please push something into the reset pinhole on the back of the router for at least 15 seconds. If this doesn't get you online, please run through the following steps to manually configure the router:

1) To connect to your Hub One, you will need to open a browser and go to http://192.168.1.254

If you have any issues doing this via Wireless, we recommend trying to do it via Ethernet cable instead.

2) You should come to a page with information about your connection, click 'Settings' at the top and it will ask you to sign in with a Password. This is located on the back of your router under 'Admin Password'

3) Select the option for 'Broadband.'

4) You will see some default options, if not, please press 'Disconnect' on the right and this will allow you to change the Username and Password.

5) For your username, this should be your account username and should be in the following format: username@plusdsl.net
Your password is your account password

6) Press 'Connect' and you should be online.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

@EmilyD  Thanks for the quick pick-up.Thumbs_Up

John
neil9

Thank you EmilyD

I have attempted to follow your instructions, when I followed your link, I was asked to change my admin password but it didn't recognise the password.

I have double checked the admin password from the hub but I am unable to do this.

neil9

Hi EmilyD

thank you I have just attempted to reset the Hub and it seems to have sorted the problem out.

Many Thanks

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi @neil9,

Thanks for letting us know. I'm glad to hear you're up and running. 

If you have any further problems, the admin password is on the card/sticker that came with your router. It will be written as 'router admin password' or 'password for hub manager'.

You shouldn't need to change your admin password. However, performing a factory reset with a pin/paperclip in the back, should then revert any changes back to the initial password on the router card/sticker.