cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new to group, would like some info on equipment delivery!

preecejon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

new to group, would like some info on equipment delivery!

hi all im new so, hello!
im just wondering how long before my activation date will i receive my router from plusnet? my activation date is 31st december so only have 3 working days left to recieve it and am keen to get gaming over the weekend!
also, it states it will go live at 12pm, is that midday or midnight? what time did everyones connections go live!?
many thanks
jon
4 REPLIES 4
mal0z
Grafter

Re: new to group, would like some info on equipment delivery!

Welcome Jon,
They normally post routers so that it arrives a day or so before the activation date.
On the activation date someone in BT will visit your exchange to make the connection.
Not sure about other people by mine was done about 9:30.
Sometimes it might be done a little early - so as soon as you get your router - set it up as per the instructions, and if you seem to be getting an adsl signal, give Plusnet a ring and they will activate your connection early if you ask.
preecejon
Rising Star

great stuff Smiley many thanks for the reply
id sent a message into the support team and asked and they said the activation date may actually be the 30th but only just stared processing the hardware order, so with the bank holiday it looks like it wont be dispatched until tuesday Sad
how was the equipement delivered? was it next day/recorded with royal mail or another company?
many thanks for your help
mal0z
Grafter

Mine came by normal Royal Mail -
so if they post on Tuesday 29th - you should have it a day or so after.  So looks like you will be online by Thursday.
It's normally despatched from BT's warehouse in Northallerton in N Yorkshire
It comes in a package only about 36 mm thick that might fit through your letterbox if it is reasonably sized -
preecejon
Rising Star

cant wait Smiley cheers mate