cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new technicolor wirleless modem

exunpl
Dabbler

new technicolor wirleless modem

I have recently installed a new plusnet technicolor wireless modem, are there any ways to improve range, I am in a small terrace house, the modem is 9" off a wooden floor in upstairs 'office' signal is 'excellent', downstairs signal is 'poor'.
With some wireless modems you can add additional arial, is anything possible with the 'technicolor' which has no arial at all.
Thanks for any advice. 
5 REPLIES 5
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: new technicolor wirleless modem

I gave up & purchased a new router. A cheaper option maybe a pair of homeplugs of which there are many & various makes.
geoffa
Grafter

Just out of interest, try it vertically (it actually has wall mounting slots on the base). Mine is in a similar position to yours, but wall mounted and I have an excellent signal and speed both upstairs and down. I believe the antennae are more effective in the vertical plane.
exunpl
Dabbler

To tijara, Thanks for reply and help, I will certainly try one or other of your two suggestions after trying one other suggestion from one other reply 'bellerby' first which would be the best if successful.
exunpl
Dabbler

To bellerby. Thanks for reply, I am pleased to say that following your suggestion there is an improvement, although only one more bar (two instead of one) with the wording changing from poor to low, in practice it has made quite a difference to opening pages,  I think it will be sufficient for my purpose and when I have visitors, also saving the hassle & expense of making another change. I am surprised that model modem did so well with 'Which' , a friend has another model TP-link? which works in the next house! Again thanks
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

I am surprised that model modem did so well with 'Which

So am I!!!! Crazy