cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new installation problems

antjimdavidson

new installation problems

Hi, I had an engineer out to install a phone line for broadband. I'm paying for an autistic friend, he has no tech skills.
The engineer had to re connect the mast and wired a new internal box. I took a day off to do this and drove 100 miles. The router was supposed to have come through the door letterbox (I confirmed this before it was sent out) but was left with a neighbour who I've not seen since.
I have been back today with my own router and found NO SYNC at all. I have no phone to check the line unfortunately.
Overall I'm pretty upset with this! Still no service and I can't travel down again for 2-3 weeks. This is supposed to be a lifeline for my friend and it's a disaster so far.
3 REPLIES 3
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: new installation problems

Hi @antjimdavidson,

Really sorry to hear this. Mind messaging me the username for your friend? I'm hoping that we can get something sorted out.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
antjimdavidson

Hi,

Sent a message,

Thanks,

Ro.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,

Thanks for helping to get your friend onboard with us and I'm sorry to learn of the disappointing start to proceedings.

In case it does help we have clear guidance including videos available for troubleshooting broadband problems here: https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/connection-troubleshooting/

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team