cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new fibre install issues, no internet light

YamMan

Re: new fibre install issues, no internet light

Guys while I appreciate your help and advice, and my connection worked fine for about an hour after the BT OR engineener originally installed it all. I have already been through your suggestions many times using the bt_test, tr069 and my own account details. I have even bypassed the Plusnet Router and connected directly to the BT OR modem and setup a PPoE connection still with no joy.
I have also done a number of power off/on test leaving both BT modem and Plusnet router off overnight. The only indications I get are that the "Internet" light is OFF on the Plusnet router and an error "Concentrator unreachable" when I look at the connection status on the router. I have had to go out and but a 3G usb dongle just so I can get internet access to update this post, and check emails etc.
What is annoying is the fact that it takes 48/72 hours for PlusNet and then another 48/72 hours for BT OR to respond to faults, plus the fact that the BT OR engineer booked for Saturday 04/05/13 did'nt show up AT all  Angry Angry  with no notice that they would not be calling so I wasted a day waiting for them to show.
Yes PLusnet rely on BT OR for line faults but thats no reason why I should suffer no service. After all I buy my service from PLusnet  NOT BT and I have no control over how Plusnet manage there support contracts with third parties.
I am just a user buying a product from PlusNet and expect Plusnet to resolve issues. All I want is a service that I am paying for to work. As you may have gathered I am beginning to get angry and this is only going to get worse as I am currently unable to take time of work for the next week.  So I can see this being a long painful expirence that may end up with no internet for two or three weeks the way things are looking at the moment.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I don't blame you YamMan. I assume, even under current difficulties, there is no update on the fault ticket yet?
As you have sync, this could be nothing more than a configuration problem, however it could be a faulty port/card in the Cab.
If you've had no ticket update, ring Plusnet Faults now, make sure you speak to an experienced faults agent and get them to get onto BTw to find out why this hasn't been resolved. I've also asked if someone can take a look.
hewes11

I rang plusnet at 3pm (even though they said they would ring me with an update) and bt have done some tests and say everything is fine so an or engineer is coming tomorrow to get to the root of the 'authentication issue' at the exchange, sounds good guess time will tell
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi hewes11,
Let us know how the engineer visit goes today.
@YamMan,
Sorry to hear of your fault and missed appointment, I'll make sure that we chase this up and update you ASAP.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi YamMan,
We're able to arrange an engineer for tomorrow 8am -1pm if that is OK for you? I'm still chasing why there no engineer showed for you the other day.
YamMan

NO NO NO NO  Angry Angry Angry when was someone actually going to tell me that an appointment had been made for Wednesday AM I certainly was'nt asked it was OK for me.
I would suggest that you CANCEL this appointment ASAP because I will NOT be available for it, I have spent most of the day re-arranging my work for the week to try and free up Wednesday PM it wasnt until 18.00 today that I could confirm this which is when I rang TS to try and arrange Wednesday PM.
If Wednesday PM is NOT possible then please arrange for BT OR to visit on Saturday 11/05/2013, if you do arrange Saturday then please make sure somone tells me and it's not another missed appointment by BT.
So presumming I dont get a working  service on Saturday 11 this will then make two weeks with no service, one missed appointment by BT and me wondering if it's worth all the hassle that this seems to generate, if I really want an 18 month contract or should cancel to whole thing.
How can this be so difficult ????
Anotherone
Champion

I'm afraid you'd get this hassle with BT Openreach engineers whoever your provider  Roll_eyes   You'd best ring the CSC, quote the fault ticket number and double check if one has been booked and for when. The way Chris worded his post it may not have been booked yet.
YamMan

The impression I got from TS at 18.00 was that it had been booked with BT, Virgin is an option just not my preffered one yet :-\.
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Yamman,
I've booked in an appointment for this afternoon 1pm-6pm. I'm just waiting for this to be confirmed, it looks like the engineer appointment from this morning may attend. I've requested to cancel this one but it had already been assigned.
YamMan

Chris that's BRILLIANT but this is the first I have heard of this as yet I have had no call or txt from Plusnet regarding this appointment, it takes me 45 minutes to get home so you MUST confirm this BEFORE 12.00 to give me a chance to get back in time. If you DO NOT confirm this appointment I CANNOT afford to take the time of work as my workload is mad this week.
So PLEASE ensure that you can confirm with me BEFORE 12.00, I will also ring TS requesting a call or txt (I will give them a contact number) for confirmation.
dick:quote
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's booked in for 1pm-6pm today. Let me know how it goes.
YamMan

Guys the BT OR bod arrived, did a load of line tests, long conversation with bod at exchange loads of modem and router reboots and BING  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley  internet is on and has been running for a few hours so will monitor it for a few day. On the down side the Technicolor wireless is a bit poor. So looking at either the Asus N66 or TP Link TL-WDR4300 any thoughts from you guys.
So thanks for all your help, just need to talk to account and see if I can get a discount for this month after 10 days with no service.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to hear Smiley
I've updated your fault ticket too.
Anotherone
Champion

@YamMan
You may be interested in this post and this thread.
YamMan

@Anotherone been looking at both options this evening leaning towards the ASUS, but I have also used Drayteks for a long time and found them really good especially the 28XX range. Internet's been up for 6 hours now so realy happy its sorted speeds seem to be pretty stable as well getting 36/9 so far hopefully that will nudge up a little nearer the 40 mark.
I must say I have been with Plusnet for over ten years and they always come good just seems to have been a bit more of a fight this time but glad we got there in the end.
Chris big thanks for that, nice one  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley