cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new fibre install issues, no internet light

hewes11

new fibre install issues, no internet light

Hi, ive been a plus net customer for a few months after it being reccomended to me by a few friends and everything was fine...until I moved house , after finding out my bew house was able to recieve fibre I jumped straight in and requested thetop package along qith change of address I was told I would be up and running on the 30/4.
Internet day arrives and so does the bt subcontracter to install my openreach modem he plugs it all in and says Hes off to the box comes back and says theres no dial tone on phone line, he rings bt who tell him the line is activated and should be working, he gets off the phone an tells me hes going back to the box ...2 hours go by and he phones to say he wont be back and it may just 'come on' I ring plusnet they say it may/may not affect broadband that should be switched on by midnight if it wasnt then I was to ring back at 11am and that an engineer will be out on the second.
1/5 to my surprise a bt engineer knocks on my door at 9am (a day early) who solves the phone line issue and says the guy yesterday wired it im trying to rong in the box, as hes scratching his head trying to figure out what else the first guy did wrong he rings his boss who says he has no record of anyone coming to my house yesterday and that its down as an adsl install not fibre, the engineer checks the box again and confirms hes happy everything is wired correct and internet should be on when he closes the ticket. I wait an hour before ringing plusnet (11:30) and get told i need to wait 48 hours i come off the phone diacuss it with my wife and ring back saying it isnt good enough the time is then dropped to 24 hours and im told that (i think his names) joshua has already started work on my account during one of the night feeds of my month old daughter I check the internet for people who have experienced this issue and was horrifed at what I found it seems bt and plus net struggle to communicte leaving some people without internet for up to a month!!
My situation as it stands is...
Bto modem installed all lights green
Phoneline active and working
Plusnet router power light ethernet and broadband light all solid green internet light off
Logged into router and tried the bt test domain and it failed to connect
Im regularly resetting the router in the hope that a fourth green light appears but no luck so far any help or advise would be much appreciated thank you
P.s sorry for any grammer or spelling errors im using my wifes phone with stupidly small keys and a restless 3 year old that was also woken up by her sisters 'adorable' screams lol
29 REPLIES 29
YamMan

Re: new fibre install issues, no internet light

Not just me then, my fibre install completed on the 30/04 worked for 1 hour went out came back no internet. rang TS raised a call NOTHING back from TS. My modem\router light excactly the same all on solid green EXCEPT for Internet.
I think the problem is BT\Plusnet not talking to each other, the error i am getting is "Unable to locate concentrator". I have tried variouse BT/Plusnet test account rebboted EVERYTHING, reset EVERYTHING still no joy.
Starting to get a little angry  Angry as I sometimes work from home and cannot at the moment.
hewes11

Ive read horror stories on these forums of people who have been in the same boat, they speak to plusnet and they either say:
A) 24 hours
B) 48 hours
C) 72 hours
D) send an engineer (which takes days)
And its been known to go on for weeks!! Its not going to with me im sure theres other isp that would welcome my money.
Ive done the same as you reboots, tests ect in fools hope more than anything life without internet is like living in a cave lol everthing feeds off the internet nowadays its nuts that theyre so slow about the whole process. Doesnt make you feel like a valued customer...
thomasjc1
Grafter

You might not be getting the service you are expecting but I can tell you what I have been with many isp's and they don't come close to the customer service which you get here
hewes11

Up until 2 days ago I would of agreed, ive just had my faith shook by the silly mistakes, mis communication and other peoples experiences, believe me nothing would make me happier than that little green light to shine and my internet to be up an running. The adsl service I had from them was flawless since the move and upgrade they havent been award winning.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just checked over the details relating to this issue and I can't see any obvious causes I'm afraid so we'll need our faults team to investigate this for you.
I suspect a mistake may have been made when the service was provisioned but as the order for that was marked as completed we'll need to look at this from the angle of being a broadband fault
In the meantime I'll get the phone fault closed for you so that it doesn't hamper us trying to log a broadband fault.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
YamMan

Well its Friday still no internet,  >:(, TS have done test's and found a BT fault  Shocked (Thursday pm) so just had a txt that a BT bod will turn up 08.00-13.00 with a new modem let hope so  Cheesy :D.
One mistake I made was to add info to my call apparently so TS told me this reset's the call clock so although I had been ofline for 48 hours by adding some info that I though might be useful this reset the call back to zero hours fault. Would someone from PN like to comment on this ??.
I have been told times ranging from 24, 48, and 72 hours to fix, just wondering if PN are going to give me a discount on this months bill to take into account they have NOT provided a service since Tue 02/04/13.   
hewes11

Im still in the dark too althoigh I had a txt yesterday and the day before saying problem solved  Angry been told another 72 hours
YamMan

Been in all day waiting for a BT enginner to show up as arranged with Plusnet TS, did he arrive NO, is my fibre BB working NO, am I happy NO.
SO it looks like it will be at least a week waiting for Plusnet/BT to fix the problem  Angry Angry Angry
hewes11

I know what your going throughg, seems like your ahead of me though I have to wait till monday (bank holiday so could be tuesday) just to hear when an engineer will be booked for... Embarrassed
OCdragon2
Grafter
Fixes: 1

hewes11,
I have joined Plusnet's unlimited fibre for only 3 days since last Friday, 3-5-2013, by migration from O2. But my both Openreach's and Plusnet's experiences and line-speeds' outcomes were very good indeed! I am sorry to have learnt that you are still having problem connecting to the internet,i.e. your PN's router "internet" is still Off despite its "power", "Broadband" and "Ethernet" lights are Green. Provided you're convinced that you phone line is GOOD, which should have been verified by your OR's engineer when he first came to your house, may I suggest that try to login to your PN's router using "admin" as your "User Name" and your router's serial no. as "password" (both should be given in your WHITE Card that came with your router). After you have logged in, select "Broadband connection", then "internet services". Under "PPP settings" that should display IF both your "user name" and "password" have been set correctly according to your PN's Records, i.e. if Plusnet's TR69 remote auto-configurations were successful when you were first logged into internet after the OR's engineering had successfully installed your modem and connected your OR's router. If either or both of your PPP's User Name or Password were incomplete, then may I suggest considering "resetting" your PN's Router, not your OR's modem, to kick start a renew TR69 auto-configuration from the Plusnet server?? However, Plusnet should have confirmed to you that your line is O.K and your account has been activated before that. Hopefully your router's re-starting auto-configurations would at least giving you the "correct" PPP's User Name and Password, and  ,if that is true, then you may have your Green internet light now on top of other Green lights that are displaying previously.
Just a thought!!  
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

OCdragon2 has had similar thoughts to me.
From what Adam says, this could well be a provisioning issue, but have either of you checked/been advised to check your login details on the Router which should of the format username@plusdls.net and password (as member centre - not the router one!).
Login to the Router and go to the Internet Screen....View more.
I guess hewes11 has, but don't know about YamMan.
The other thing to check is to bypass the Router with an Ethernet connection from the computer in the following way -
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-setting-up-a-pppoe-dialler-for-windows-xp/ or
http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/fibre-help-how-to-set-up-a-pppoe-dialler-in-vistawindows... depending on your OS.
(There is a similar setup for a MAC I believe).
If the PPPoE dialler works then the Router is probably faulty.
RPMozley
Pro
Fixes: 13

Quote from: Anotherone
(There is a similar setup for a MAC I believe).

Yes there is, probably more simple to do than windows (but depends on the person as to how easy something is).
Send me a PM if you need a walkthrough of the process for Mac OS X.
That's RPM to you!!
hewes11

Hi thanks for all the replies, unfortunately I have alrwady done all of that and still no luck today is the last day of a 72 hour wait so should have an update today
OCdragon2
Grafter
Fixes: 1

When you said no luck even you had done this, what did you get under "PPP configurations" of your router and did your router display ALL your correct "User Name" and "Pass word" despite your router was still no light (not even RED)?? Note that if your router were displaying "RED" internet light instead of off, then it would be your PPP authentication failed with Plusnet, and that could be caused by either your above "sign-up" info were incorrect or Plusnet's Server were playing up, or even both!!!
jim:quote