cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to borrow a TBB latency graph. can u help?

scootie
Grafter

need to borrow a TBB latency graph. can u help?

not happy with virgin media at the moment as there treating my xbox packets like pig muck at mo, would be helpful if a few of you using TBB latency tool could lend me a snap shot of your PN latency, am shocked at the jitter on virgin media cable.
cheers and hope your all well.
19 REPLIES 19
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: need to borrow a TBB latency graph. can u help?

My son is on Virgin cable and Xbox.
He is furious at the throttling they are currently applying.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
scootie
Grafter

funny that as in a pm to there forum staff i asked for conformation that there p2p policy  has indeed not ever been active since my connection date as on the tests i have done on this 30mb product am getting full p2p up an down 24/7,  there usage limits are fair i think at least on the tier i am on, but seriously they need to rethink there traffic  management kit and policy
the answer he gave was that the kit is located central and all connections go through it, yet i have seen local ref made about there upload p2p policy on there forum
in all honesty it seems to me that there p2p policy is not applied   to the route my data travels across there network and so the upload gets the treacle treatment, its not effecting speed that much as allways get above 30-32mb 3.10mb up but gaming is a stressful experience at the momment
thoe the dude gave these figures but do i believe or not.
I have checked the utilisation on the UBR you connect to over the last 3 days and the downstream did not get above 50% and the upstream was not above 60% (even at peak times).

scootie
Grafter

feel free to move this else where, thought i would post here to get a quick qaucky from the duck flock ( Undecided is it a flock for ducks?)
Strat
Community Veteran

He's been on to them about severe throttling of gaming and P2P....they denied it Roll_eyes
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
WWWombat
Grafter

Here's one for the 10th. The red sections are where my router was turned off, so nothing wrong with PN at the time.

And here's one for the 11th.

We're on the Extra package, with 8Mbps on ADSL on 20CN.
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I set this up on my connection last night after reading this thread, the red bar is when my router was blocking pings.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: Strat
He's been on to them about severe throttling of gaming and P2P....they denied it Roll_eyes

most downloads on the xbox are line speed but odd one you can tell runs at least half line speed but i see that more as Microsofts issue, awful CS and waiting 4+ days as avg on there forum for staff to even bother to think about posting a copy paste is insane. i should of growin a pair and gone PN FTTC during the trail period.
must remind that am talking about virgin media and not plusnets CS as you only have to look at staffers posting where they dont really need to here and get that caring feeling from it
cheers for the graphs
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hope they help you get to the bottom of whatever issue you're having.
Might be worth noting that my result was done on the 'Extra' profile on a Fibre to the Cabinet line.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
WWWombat
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Might be worth noting that my result was done on the 'Extra' profile on a Fibre to the Cabinet line.

With a graph like that, I'm looking forward to getting our fibre order processed. When BT have their order system's knickers untwisted...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Strat
Community Veteran

Here's mine on Extra with a standard ADSL 8Mb
Nick_Russell
Grafter

For information, typical trace ...

Trace when machine not used all day -
newthing
Grafter

PN 16Mbit and annex M
dick:green Image tags added.
newthing
Grafter

scootie
Grafter

Quote from: Nick
Trace when machine not used all day -

kicked some downloads off at 3pm on the xbox, 5 demo's so no longer than an hour and pc's off until 9.30pm, Fridays all ways seem better which might have something to do with the pubs an clubs.