cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help in getting last 6 month's email

Danglese
Grafter

need help in getting last 6 month's email

Hi, my primary HD failed, accidentaly formated secondary HD, lost everything(BooHoo). Is it possible to redownload say last 6 month's email? ps computer and email is up and running again, just need help in retrieving, thanks Danglese
5 REPLIES 5
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: need help in getting last 6 month's email

Unfortunately, in general no.What email service do you use?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

If you were using POP3 then no, you can't retrieve the old email as once it is downloaded to your PC it is deleted from the server so the only copy is on your PC.
If you used IMAP then the email remains on the server and you only view a copy of it. But it sounds like you were not using IMAP.
You should really look a some form of backup solution that if off your PC. e.g. and external USB drive and some backup software.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Whether or not  emails remain on the server after download with POP3 depends on the settings chosen in Outlook Express (or whatever alternative you are using).
puddy
Grafter

Get  a or if you already have a maxtor or seagate drive they have a free program that allows you to copy a hard drive to a spare hard drive takes about 10 min I do mine every weekend.
Its called disk wizard and can be found on their web site
puddy
Danglese
Grafter

Thanks for the reply ppl, unfortunately it was pop3, and as I said I accidentaly formated my secondary HD...damn