cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nasserrh - FTTC speed problem

nasserrh

nasserrh - FTTC speed problem

Hi,
Can you reset my FTTC IP profile please; Speed has halved since I had a recent telephone line issue (now resolved);
Details are;
BT Estimate:
Speed: 60000
Upstream: 19600
BT Performance test:
32890 downstream
10120 upstream
GEA Sync rate:
Downstream Speed 35.0 Mbps
Upstream Speed 12.0 Mbps
Downstream Line rate changed by 25% or more in the analysis period. Continue submitting trouble report.
Profile:
17.5M-35M Downstream, Interleaving High - 6M-12M Upstream, Interleaving On
Previous profile was on 70mb+ download .
Related call ref is 92089265 - but I understand request to reset  IP profiles is better to be done on this Forum.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: nasserrh - FTTC speed problem

split off as resetting an FTTC profile needs an engineers visit
nasserrh

I see, better wait for plusnet to look at the open ticket to get it escalated. Presume that  the BT engineer has to visit the local exchange or cabinet rather than turn up on site to change the profile?
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi nasserrh,
Sorry to hear that you've seen such a speed reduction as part of the recent phone fault. You're correct in thinking that an engineer visit to the exchange/cabinet side of the network is required in order to place the DLM back into the new installation mode but I'm afraid that this isn't something that we have the option of requesting at present.
This is normally the final step carried out as part of a broadband fault resolution which hasn't taken place in this instance with it being raised as a phone fault. Given this we have a couple of options, we can either leave the connection and allow the DLM to move the speeds back up to where they should be once it can confirm the line is now looking issue free or we can see where the fault you have open with us ends up.
Ideally, this will be picked up as part of the fault you have open so I would await the ticket being updated by the faults team to see what the outcome is and if there is no mention of the speed reduction being fixed, I would let them know about this and see what can be raised with the supplier as part of the ongoing fault resolution.

On a side note with regards to DLM resets, we are awaiting the development of a tool by the supplier that will allow us to do this remotely without the need for an engineer however this could be a little time before it's completed and made publicly available.
nasserrh

Thanks for the replies and looking into.