cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nas ftp server setting for Technicolor TG582n.

superscrew19

nas ftp server setting for Technicolor TG582n.

Hi all, i have looked through and can't find what i'm looking for.
I have the Technicolor TG582n and i have just bought a nas. I would like to access it as an ftp server. I have the nas set up as per instructions, but i cannot get the router to point to it.
I have spoken to plus.net and they say they don't/won't/can't support this. Does anyone have any idea how i get this to work?
The NAS is an ASUS NAS-M25, i have also order the static ip from plusnet.
Thanks in advance
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: nas ftp server setting for Technicolor TG582n.

Probably not the answer you are hoping for but topic http://community.plus.net/forum/?topic=109688.msg938819 suggests the solution is to use a different router. Sad
David
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

IIRC the TG582n has an internal ftp server which might possibly get in the way of any access to the NAS ftp server. You could try disabling the internal service , from the web gui go to home->toolbox->content sharing
and make sure the ftp server is disabled.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Yes the TG582 has an FTP server. However if all you want to do is access the NAS from the LAN that shouldn't be a problem as the NAS will have a different IP address to the router. (Accessing the NAS from elsewhere on the internet would be a different matter!)
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)