cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mysky / skygames login problems

Malz

mysky / skygames login problems

Hi
Recently transfered to Plusnet and everything has been fine so far more than happy with d/ speeds ping times etc,  only now there seems to be a problem with secure access to sky services ie. mysky login and sky games. 
I initially put it down to a problem with sky and as i dont use either of the services didnt really bother with it to much, however after several weeks of abuse from various family members i am now compelled to find the cause.  I know both services work, i tried them both today from work so the problem lies at this end. 
Skygames
Its a downloadable program you install and pay a sub for, the game has a username/pword that needs to be entered before you can play.  The login times out everytime, i know the traffic is being sent i can see it, theres no traffic being blocked in the firewall, and ive tried the connection with it turned off.  I can play the 30min demo no problem, but to play longer you need to sign in and thats a no go atm.
Mysky -
Been trying to create a mysky account from this page https://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/mysky?&lid=GLOBALNAV_MY_SKY&lpos=GLOBAL_NAV clic
Basically shes trying to create an account so she can can send the skygames diagnostic to (oh the irony) , its the same thing again secure https connection gets so far through the registration then times out.  Again i know it works as i signed up from work today.
Now i could understand it if it was happening on 1 PC but we get the same thing on 2 desktops and 2 laptops, using firefox and ie7, all up to date, thought it might be java problem updated that no joy. Im now at a loss to explain why secure access to sky doesnt work but every other website i use is fine? Amazon; Hotmail; Ebay etc all fine no problems.
Please help !
6 REPLIES 6
paulby
Grafter

Re: mysky / skygames login problems

I know it's not much help but I just logged into my "MySky" account from my PN connection without any problems.
Can you log in with the account you set up from your work?  Is it just creating a new account that's the problem?

If you're running Windows machines, have you made sure that the Windows firewall is disabled if you're running a third party firewall such as Zone Alarm? 

Malz

Hi
No i cant login to the account i setup at work either and yes the firewall was off when i was testing, its all very strange, if it was all secure sites or more than just sky i could understand.  But all PC's in the house and just those sky logins is just downright weird..
paulby
Grafter

A couple of things to try (may or may not work!)
Set a static IP address here (incase Sky thinks your request is from a bad IP range).
Reboot your router (you'll have to do this anyway after you've applied a static IP).
One other thought - have you tried turning off the PlusNet firewall here?
Malz

Wasn't aware they had a firewall in place.. but no unfortunately after a router restart those 2 changes didnt help either Sad
Think ill take the router back to default and setup from scratch, i'll let you know how i get on.
paulby
Grafter

I can't think what the problem could be - I can't recreate it here and am able to log in no problem!
Anyone else got any ideas???
Malz

Well for some reason that worked
however all the settings are the same as previous..  im at a loss to explain really i can now get some peace Smiley
thanks for your help Paul