cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my worst speed ever

Deadonaslab
Grafter

my worst speed ever

the last couple of days my internet speed has been terrible. I phoned plusnet last  night and was told it might be interference so I changed channels but no improvement. I also turned of my wireless connection and used my Ethernet cable still no improvement I have also changed filters still no change my current speed is 318 kbps download (but it has been as low as 90) and 215kbps upload
20 REPLIES 20
Deadonaslab
Grafter

Re: my worst speed ever

so its now 3 days later still rubbish internet connection speeds This morning and afternoon my speeds where 4.600 mbps or over. Come 7 pm and still on going at 23.30 it has dropped to 825 mbps I have messaged plusnet again after doing the bt speedtester  after being told to do so. We will see what tomorrow brings.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Deadonaslab,
I can see that you have commented on a support ticket with details on setting yo your router, would you be able to raise a fault for us here so that we can have a test of the line and investigate the problem please?
Deadonaslab
Grafter

Wednesday internet speed  up and down all day just ran a speed test  about 10 min ago          Download speed 478 kpbs Upload 68 kpbs Ping 339ms 
Deadonaslab
Grafter

Thursday internet speed up and down again all day getting speeds between 650 kpbs and 5700 kpbs  seems to get worse after 10 pm I have raised a fault with plusnet just waiting to hear  back
Deadonaslab
Grafter

well today is Friday  thought I would check how my internet is doing today have run several speedchecks using different  sites getting mixed results  ranging from 1400kpbs to 4400kpbs but I  usually get the bottom scale result the most  But I will say one thing  there customer service has been good nice  polite and courteous staff. if only they could sort my internet speed
Deadonaslab
Grafter

10.30 pm internet speed has dropped to 1031 kpbs this has happened the last 4 nights and then picks up again later in the night   but  not  that  much  . I have been with plusnet for a few years now and this is been the worst week I have had of slow internet well that's all for tonight will post again tomorrow
Deadonaslab
Grafter

day 7 now of slow download speeds just ran a speed test 1061kpbs  I will keep posting my results till my fault has been sorted. I  Was told on Wednesday at 18.55  they would get in touch within 24 hours this is Saturday so that is now 72 hours and counting.
Deadonaslab
Grafter

speeds are still low not getting over 1400kbps. I know it does not look like its a big deal but when you only get 5500kbps or on a good day 6200kbps  it is a big deal so come on plusnet get it sorted
Deadonaslab
Grafter

hello its now sunday the 10th  just ran a bt wholesale broadband test  at 12.30  it gave me speeds of 5.14 mbps could the end be in sight we will see ??????????
Deadonaslab
Grafter

well it looks like I was wrong getting about 952kpbs its pissing me of now it is interfering with my wives university work
Deadonaslab
Grafter

hello everyone after losing my wives important university work I phone plusnet after a delightful 30 min wait I got through I was told by somebody i would get contacted by the faults team Monday afternoon but guess what nothing yet it  seems PLUSNETS customer service is getting as bad as there shocking internet speeds. I have changed my router filters cables connected my laptop to the router with the Ethernet cable and have connected to the bt test socket still no change in speed plusnet also told me there was nothing wrong with my phone line CURRENT SPEED 1279 kpbs upload speed 74 kpbs  I will continue to post until my problem is solved but to me plusnet are just now interest in talking your money and stuff what kind of service you  get
Deadonaslab
Grafter

finally got a message from plusnet saying there broadband fault checker could not find an internet connection and the test was inconclusive could you please be plugged in and powered up .Well maybe that was me I had borrowed a router to make sure that was not the problem mean while my internet speeds are still rubbish 1373 kpbs download  120 kpbs upload THE SAGA CONTINUES
Deadonaslab
Grafter

Nearly two weeks

I have had rubbish internet speeds for nearly two weeks now I have resigned myself to the fact it isn't going to get better anytime soon  thank you plusnet for the

Slow, Getting Dearer, Unreliable Homebroadband
dick:red All caps edited.
All4One
Grafter

Re: NEARLY TWO WEEKS

Have you raised a fault?