Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my options

v3burn
Dabbler

my options

Hello,
I have been trying to change my phone and broadband from Sky to PlusNet for the past month and getting nowhere, I have been given lots of good advice from other users / forums but just need to clarify exactly what my options are and the timescale / service interruptions involved.
can one of the PlusNet reps please answer the following?
firstly I understand that the problems I have changing are relating to my phone line as Sky effectively own the line?
Can I get Broadband connected and then connect the phone line when the changeover process is sorted?
one of the options are to cancel with Sky and signup with PlusNet but this will interrupt my service, how long will the downtime be?  Phone & Broadband.
are there any other options to get this process moving?

once I have all the facts I will be able to make a better informed decision on what to do next.
thanks and I will look forward to your reply.

3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: my options

Hi there,
I'll do my best to answer your questions and help you get this sorted.
firstly I understand that the problems I have changing are relating to my phone line as Sky effectively own the line?

I need to read further into the history of this (which I will as I'd like to take ownership of this for you) but it seems that there's an issue preventing the service from being migrated to us and that an escalation has been raised but suggestions so far have involved ceasing the service with Sky and starting from scratch with us. I'd rather avoid that happening as I'm sure you would. We should be able to migrate customers who have both phone and broadband from Sky without the need for a MAC key or any interruption to the service.
Can I get Broadband connected and then connect the phone line when the changeover process is sorted?

I don't believe so, it seems the line is based on LLU which relies on totally different equipment at the exchange that our suppliers don't support.
are there any other options to get this process moving?

I don't honestly think so but it looks to me like we need to move the escalation along further and lean on our suppliers to get that fixed.
With that in mind I'm going to dig into this further now and I'll be in touch soon.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
v3burn
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Hi there,
I'll do my best to answer your questions and help you get this sorted.

I don't honestly think so but it looks to me like we need to move the escalation along further and lean on our suppliers to get that fixed.
With that in mind I'm going to dig into this further now and I'll be in touch soon.
Adam

Thanks for the reply, hopefully a solution can be found and my Sky nightmare will be over soon!

regards
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Same here, I've already escalated this to team leader level at our suppliers and I'll keep doing that as needed until this has been resolved. I don't take no for an answer regarding issues like this.

Speak soon,
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team