cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my mobile phones & laptops all connect to wifi except one.

radioman

my mobile phones & laptops all connect to wifi except one.

Hi, I have a problem. All my laptops except one work fine with Plusnet. They connect and stay connected. Except one.
It's a Toshiba Equium A100-338. Every day or every other day, it stops communicating properly with the router and says limited connection. I then have to switch off the router, switch it on again and wait for about a minute. Then eveything is fine. Until the next time.
I don't understand how, if all my other mobile phones and laptops are getting uninterrupted wifi, why this particular laptop isn't. It is running Windows Vista Home Premium with 4gb ram.  Does anyone know a simple solution?
2 REPLIES 2
silentmonkey
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: my mobile phones & laptops all connect to wifi except one.

I have a similar problem with my Works Toshiba tecra r950. Other laptops/tablets and phones work fine but every now and again the tosh gives up. I have found though this is in not limited to home. I visit many different Wi-Fi hot spots for work and it happens there too.  One quick workaround is to go to "Network Connections"  (type NCPA.CPL) and disable and re-enable the Wi-Fi adapter. Turning off Wi-Fi of putting the laptop into flight mode doesn't fix it but disabling an re-enabling the adapter always does.
I guess its a device driver problem and one day I'll see if there is an update to it but for now I have a quick fix. Wink
sjptd
Grafter

Re: my mobile phones & laptops all connect to wifi except one.

ditto with an oldish Dell laptop running Win 8.1.  Sometimes turning wireless off and on using switch is enough.  Sometimes need to disable/reeanable the wireless adabpter (I've made a script with quick launch shortcut).  Certainly not a Plusnet issue as I'm still using a BT HomeHub 3.