cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my exchange is fibre live

daskinner
Grafter

my exchange is fibre live

Hiya, Just noticed that BT have updated my exchange to accepting orders.
How fast can you get me set up?
17 REPLIES 17
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: my exchange is fibre live

Go to your PN account & request an upgrade.
https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/fibre/ Smiley
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That depends on engineer availability so it's a little difficult to put a date on that.
If you go through the 'Product Change' in your Member Centre at http://portal.plus.net you will be given the option to input your availability and we'll do our best to arrange an engineer that suits you.
daskinner
Grafter

its not showing when I click change product ?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

That means that, although the exchange is accepting orders,  your cabinet isn't live yet.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

daskinner
Grafter

Or the system is still updating at the exchange only went live 60 mins ago?
We have a new cabinet at the end of my raod for fibre its been there for 3 months now.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

The best place for information and updates on dates is here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
daskinner
Grafter

i think i will just ring BT see if they can help.
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

its been there for 3 months now.

My cab was in place for nearly 6 months before it went live. Once PN receive a notification from BTOR thgat the cab is about to go live PN should let you know.
daskinner
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
The best place for information and updates on dates is here https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/

is this website 100% correct?
I have checked my in-laws phone number and post code and I cant see its showing fibre for them but they have fibre? The results its shows are the same as when I enter my details yet if I go to BT's website to sign up it says I cant have fibre?
Dhaos
Grafter

Are you sure they have fibre and not virgin cable?
petecov44
Grafter

Just so you know - BT won't be able to do it any quicker. BT is now just a retail ISP like PN - BT Openreach are the engineers and they won't give BT any preference - trust me I waited  I had the same time frame when I ordered both. I think they aim for a max of 12 working days. It is well worth the wait though.
BT's customer service is a nightmare - at least PN's is up in Sheffield and Leeds. Infact this is one of the reasons that I cancelled with BT after hearing the India nightmares (and the HH5 problems) and came to Plusnet  But it's each to their own.
daskinner
Grafter

Quote from: Dhaos
Are you sure they have fibre and not virgin cable?

They have BT fibre.
daskinner
Grafter

Quote from: petecov44
Just so you know - BT won't be able to do it any quicker. BT is now just a retail ISP like PN - BT Openreach are the engineers and they won't give BT any preference - trust me I waited  I had the same time frame when I ordered both. I think they aim for a max of 12 working days. It is well worth the wait though.
BT's customer service is a nightmare - at least PN's is up in Sheffield and Leeds. Infact this is one of the reasons that I cancelled with BT after hearing the India nightmares (and the HH5 problems) and came to Plusnet  But it's each to their own.

Understand that but its not really answering my question.
I was asking if that website was 100% correct as when I put my details into it I dont see any fibre options nor do I when I enter my in-laws deatils BUT they do have BT fibre already. I am currently using the BT website to keep an eye out for when I should be able to get it but this text I have done is making me think the website isnt right?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 392

is this website 100% correct?
It's supposed to be, it's maintained by BTw and is used by all ISP's to determine if fibre is available.
It has been known to have inaccuracies though Roll_eyes but getting BTw to accept and get them corrected isn't an easy task I believe.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.