cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my Fiber lost speed

davidwalker900
Grafter

my Fiber lost speed

my fiber connection has lost around 19 MB of download speed and 2 MB of upload speed since my last post
url of my last test http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3709456904
i know last time they just need to reset it they do not need to access my flat to do it
4 REPLIES 4
JTaylor
Grafter

Re: my Fiber lost speed

Hi David
Thanks for your patience over the bank holiday  Smiley
I've just done a couple of checks on your service and everything seems to be in order.
Are you still experiencing issues? If you are, are you currently using a wired connection?
davidwalker900
Grafter

yes it is a wired connection via bt home hub 4 i never use the router comes with plusnet i heard alot of problems with it with wireless and sometimes wired it is very rare my net connection loss speeds i know irc connection always dc every 2 days but i do not think it is plusnet side
picbits
Rising Star

Mine started off at 73Mb back in Jan 2013.
Currently it has stabilised at a nice steady 55-56Mb(ish) connection.  It has been at around this speed for ages now.
How long has it been between your first test and most recent test ?
kitz
Aspiring Pro

As asked by DomS...  how long has it taken to lose that amount of speed.
What is your IPprofile?
How long has your cab been live?
If you were one of the first to get FTTC then its not unusual for speeds to decrease as more lines are attached to the FTTC cab.  Its a sad fact that shortish lines (which you must be since you were getting >70Mbps) are those affected most by crosstalk.  Ive now lost circa 20Mb from my headline speed in a little over a year.  On average and at a rough guess I wouldnt say its too unusual to lose 15Mbps purely to crosstalk. Sad Sad
Roll on vectoring.  Just need BT to pull their finger out and decide what they are going to do with the ECI cabs.