Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving to fibre , getting techicolor 582n ... need a manual

vetterlein
Grafter

moving to fibre , getting techicolor 582n ... need a manual

I have a thomson 585v8 right now.
In order to get it to work, I recall I spent several days ssh'd onto the box. Finally (this is from memory of a year ago)
I had to set up a static route ... this was because all my household is 10.0.0.0 address and the router is 192.168.x.y (forget exact setting)
I want to keep it this way as guest connect to 192.... network and internal machines are 10.... .... and between them I run my own box (proxy etc)
So my guess would be the 582n would need a similar static route ... does anyone have the real manual (cmds lines)  do the web interface ?
Also anyone happen to know if the 525 shares the wireless N problem of the 585 ... it crashes if an N device connects?
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: moving to fibre , getting techicolor 582n ... need a manual

Not certain if this one covers all firmware versions: http://wiki.aa.org.uk/index.php/File:TG582n_CLI_Guide_v1.0_public.pdf
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
vetterlein
Grafter

A very useful site ... thank for that , also found this there:
http://wiki.aa.org.uk/index.php/TG582N#Adding_Static-routes
Which shows how to add a static route , which is what I needed to do on 585v8 (and I'm guessing I'll need to do here)
Unfamiliar with this forum's netiquette  ... I should tag your reply as "correct" and "useful" but I can't see a way ... anyhow many thanks ... amazing how hard it is to find out this stuff.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: vetterlein
Unfamiliar with this forum's netiquette  ... I should tag your reply as "correct" and "useful" but I can't see a way

You just did...
Quote from: vetterlein
anyhow many thanks

You're welcome  Smiley
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.