Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving house

FIXED
doodling

moving house

Hi

Before I ask my question if there any chance that someone from Plusnet is going to read this I have tries to chat but unavailable and you are only told this once you have fill out your details and your question, tried to call but the residential option is on a loop and will not connect and has been like this for months so I opt for business and there is at least a 10 minute wait.

So my question is we are moving house but the house we are buying will not be ready for about 4/6 weeks so we are renting to complete the chain so I want to know how Plusnet can help me to keep my service until I move to the new house.

7 REPLIES 7
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: moving house

Fix

Hello @doodling,

Thanks for getting in touch. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble getting through to our teams over live chat and the phone.

Essentially you could go ahead with a house move however it may be worth more value to get a dongle for the few weeks you are renting and move the broadband to the new address for the new house (we can delay orders up to 3 months) rather than moving broadband to the rented accommodation as there can be complications and extra costs with this.

You can discuss the options with our dedicated house move team on 0800 587 1952. They are open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

doodling

All sorted very helpful

mrlambo
Hooked

Hijacking sry.

Hey guys, so I'm moving into a rented house for upto a year (while we look for a permanent solution). I want to take my Plusnet broadband with me..but...I'd like to overlap and have service at my current and rented house for a week or so. Just in case there is an issue and I need to be at the old house.

Is there an option where I can overlap broadband at 2 houses? Or do I need to get broadband+phone etc at the new house as well and then cancel the old one?
I would hope Plusnet can help me out with a deal of some sort?

Regards Paul
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hey Paul.

Unfortunately due to the way we process house moves we can't provide you with an overlap between your service at your current address ending and new one starting (unless you've got a business account).

Signing up a new account at your new address should be OK unless you're wanting to keep the same phone number (assuming you're moving to another property at the same exchange) as we can't provide two lines with the same number.

It's also worth noting that you may incur a termination fee for your old account (again assuming you're within a contract term, though you'd be able to find out when that finishes by logging into your account online).

If you want to go ahead with the house move ceasing your service on a particular day and providing on the same day or within 90 days in the future, I'd recommend calling our house moves team on 0800 013 2632.

However if you'd like to sign up a new account, I'd give our cancellations team a call on the same number as above to manually close your account. (We'd need 14 days notice when processing cancellations).

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mrlambo
Hooked

Hi Plusnet,
I'm all.moved house and broadband is perfect and switched over. The problem is my static IP. If I goto whatsmyip I get a different IP to the one listed on my account as my static IP. I was told.om the phone my static IP would come with me.
Can someone check this out, confirm what should happen?

Thanks!
MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @mrlambo 

From what I can see, your Static (ending .201) is still aligned to your account. 

Can you confirm if you are still noticing a discrepancy? 

Thanks, 

MoR

mrlambo
Hooked

Hi @MasterOfReality,

It looks like it was an AP in my house playing up, so.i was getting an IP via 4G on my phone even though WiFi showed connected.

All fine now after a reset.
Thanks for replying 😁