cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving broadband to another provider

g0mql

moving broadband to another provider

I am thinking of moving my broadband to sky as it is only £5 a month for the same as the £14.99 a month on plusnet...what is the best way to go about this?? do I ask for my mac code first wait for that, then cancel plusnet ?? I know I can not "move"/order sky until I have the mac code so any help would be appreciated
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: moving broadband to another provider

Hi there,
If you decide that you wish to move to Sky, then yes, all you would need to do would be to request your MAC code.
You can request this in the Customer Services area of the help assistant, found here:
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?helpheader=helpassistant
Obviously, I'd be much happier if you were to stay, but I can understand that with your current usage you wouldn't be able to save any money with us unless you were to commit to an annual contract, which would see you saving £5 a month for the first 6 months, making your package cost £9.99.
g0mql

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi there,
If you decide that you wish to move to Sky, then yes, all you would need to do would be to request your MAC code.
You can request this in the Customer Services area of the help assistant, found here:
https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?helpheader=helpassistant

Thank-you for the reply..please could you give me a rough idea how long it would take to get the mac code after putting in the request ?Huh
many thanks
James
Grafter

Hi there,
You'll receive it within 5 working days at the latest.
Realistically you should get it within 24 hours.
g0mql

hi,
sorry if this is a stupid question but, would the mac code work with any other provider or is it specifically to move to sky ?Huh
many thanks
prichardson
Grafter

It will work for any provider once generated, it is simply unique for your service.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
It'll work with any other provider.