cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

monthly problem is now out of control

doomreaper
Grafter

monthly problem is now out of control

well over the last year i have got used to at month end having 2 days where my line speed dropped like a stone, it wasnt too much to bear ,, but now it is getting worse, in teh last few weeks i estimate around 30% of my time has been at speeds less than that of a 56k dial up. Force9 have run there tests and found nothing, since i am lucky enough to have 3 routers, two phone lines (each connected to a diff isp) i can test just about everything, and no fault with my equipment, nor the line from the box bt provides. So im left with 2 idea's ,, 1) it weather related ... could be ,, shouldn't be but could be .. 2) being where i am in southampton, im being jumped out of bandwidth by one of the nice big international companies, again shouldnt be ,, but who knows lol
what i do know is im dropping back to a sublight bog standard bt line ,, if that dosnt help nothing will and another company will be happy to jump it find teh problem and take my business.. but since i have been with Force 9 (under a diff user name) since they offered home users some of the vacant space from business,, hrm thats a long time .. id really prefer to stay if this can be sorted . i am sure its not Force9 at fault ,, least i hope not, grabs Sherlock Holmes spy glass in readiness..
24 REPLIES 24
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: monthly problem is now out of control

Trying to read between the lines - are you getting these horrible speeds with both ISP's or just with Force9
zubel
Community Veteran

Are you reaching your monthly allowance and being restricted to 128k?
B.
James
Grafter

Not from what I can tell.
doomreaper  - As per Oldjim's question, are you seeing slow downs on both of your broadband lines?
doomreaper
Grafter

no just the Force9 line ,
and im well within my usage, in fact i barely use half my allowance in total.. so not that
doomreaper
Grafter

11/12/2008 12:04 AM GMT  xxx.xxx.xxx.xx  d/l 122 kb/s  u/l181 kb/s  latency 340 ms  London  < 50 mi  Close
grrr getting even slower me thinks,, i dont belive this is linked to msupdates.. apart from teh fact im not doing them lol . no sorry dont belive it
doomreaper
Grafter

19.30kbps
which means you can download at 2.41 KB/sec. from our servers.
yay a new all time low..........
yet my wifes line (connected to the same exchange but through a different isp ) still shows a clean 4meg line (ok 3,9)
doomreaper
Grafter

mac key time

well , ive had speed issues for a time now, month end my speed dropped to often unusable, but this latest incident i think is one step to far. It is obvious it is not the usual monthly cycle, yet to date no mention that customers seem to be experiencing any problems, in fact reading the replies it almost feels like we should be apologizing for wasting plusnet/force9 time because its down to updates! . Well ive been with Force9 since the days they offered spare space from the business customers, so its been a long time ( under a different user name),  but now i think i have had more than enough and i am asking for my mac key. Ill be sorry to go , but i cant keep paying circa £20 per month for a mostly usable service. I need, want and pay for a service i should be able to use 24/7 with a few rare interruptions.  Theres no guarantee the new provider will be any better, but in compensation, it will be cheaper, so at least i guess i can say i will get what i pay for.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: mac key time

Hi there,
Sorry to hear you're having problems Sad
I've taken a quick look at your account and can see the numerous faults you've raised about these problems. In each instance the fault ticket seems to have been closed before anything has been raised with the supplier. Would you be willing to give us the opportunity to do this, or alternatively we could migrate you back onto the BT network? (the latter would take 7 days or so but might be a quicker solution as it would effectively be the same as you migrating to another supplier).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

doomreaper
Grafter

so if i read you , all the times i have reported and posted the speeds,, nothing has actually ever been logged with tiscalli ??
i find this rather unbelievable  however lets not dwell l on this,  ok im sorry i feel i have been let down, and yes even fobbed off somewhat of late . Do i wish to go down to a 4 meg line , lol well to be honest i was considering that as at least teh flaws should ( note should) be less, but then again , ill be paying circa£20 per month for a 4 meg line , supposed 24/7 help ( hrm ) . webspace and email , thats all i use, i cant honestly say your package looks great value for money when you consider all the packages around now, for example O2 upto 20meg line unlimited (with fair use )  .10 emails , no web space,, but only 10 to 15£ per month .. and reviews seem failrly good so far , Sky , my wife transferred to them anmd so far has had no problems, even i have to piggy back on her line now , im not using mine , i cant its way to slow now .
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

all the times i have reported and posted the speeds,, nothing has actually ever been logged with tiscalli ??

The last few fault tickets on your account (except the current one) haven't been raised with Tiscali, when you raise a fault we have to test it here and then send it on. On your previous fault tickets you have told us that it's resolved before we've finished our testing and therefore before we sent it to Tiscali.
Your current fault was passed to them this morning and we'll keep you updated with progress on there.
Sorry about the problems you're seeing but sometimes faults can take a little time to resolve.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
doomreaper
Grafter

omg, yes teh speeds picked up , yes i posetd teh speeds to keep you informed , but sorry i did kind of expect that as a matter of course on a re-occuring theem it would be noted to tiscalli ,, not good enough
James
Grafter

Hiya,
Am I looking at the right account?
Apart from the current fault, your last two faults were both connectivity related and they were both closed by you?
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

[iurl=http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,70503.0.html]Recent peak-time speed problems - Please read this![/iurl]
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
doomreaper
Grafter

issues relating to the speed, i report , monitor and kept you informed , i thought i was helping you as well as me , i didn't realize i was supposed to keep things going , after all im not working in it anymore - to many headaches lol
tbh , it dosnt really matter, i have lost faith , unless theirs a miraclel now i cant see me wishing to stay put, once faith is lost , its hard to regain it